New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

It's your dealer's call. If you want to press the issue, by all means do it, but dealers are all different and satisfaction with their policies can vary greatly. Personally, I've never seen a dealer paint job that matches the factory for quality....

BTW, welcome to DF!

Dusty

Old 04-04-2006, 11:34 PM
johnthasilver

Hello Amanda~need help with an "01" 5.9 Dakota~can you?

Old 04-11-2006, 02:25 AM
blue_eyed_blonde

Im new here...just found the site tonight. My hubby and I are looking at buying another dodge so I figured might as well sign up...soooo anyhow hello to eveeryone:-)

Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Which Dodge did you all have in mind?

Dusty

Old 04-12-2006, 02:56 PM
stealthyTam

Hey ya'll..absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEE this forum!!! I've got a 92 Dodge Stealth and I guess at 40 I'm having my mid-life crisis...and it's more about getting dirty under the hood than ..well..lol..u get the pic. Lots of cool info here and great people from what I pick up browsing around.

Peace....Tamara

Old 04-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome every one!!! Thanks for signing up!!

~Amanda

Old 04-13-2006, 06:46 PM
505Ram

Well, I've made a few posts and I must say that I really like the site! Everyone seems to be much easier to get along with than the other boards. Some of the Ford Boards I used to haunt on...the members were always competing with each other so much you'd have thought it was Ford v/s Chevy. I like this site better. Much better!

Anyway...I'm new to the Dodge world altogether. I guess I jumped in with both feet going straight to a Silver Quad Cab '05 SRT-10. I've always been a Ford guy (6 Mustangs, 3 F-150s, 1 F-250, 2 Explorers, 1 Expedition, 2 Excursions) save for a couple of strays to the GM world ('95 Impala SS, Dark Cherry; 93 40th Anniversay Corvette, '95 Corvette Indy Pace car replica, '95 S1500 Diesel), but I must say I think I like this truck better than any vehicle I've ever owned that is a daily driver. It just fits me right. I don't particularly care about the Lightning v/s SRT-10 argument...for me, it's a better truck, PERIOD. I didn't buy it to complete with Lightnings, because to be honest, with enough money thrown at something, anything can be faster than something else. I'm happy as %$@# with it. Now...all I need to do is add a Viper...now where's that lottery ticket...hmmmm...

Anyway, thought I'd say "hello" to everyone!

Old 04-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Donutking

Hi Dodge forum guys and gals.

My name is Justin James I am 24 years old and LOVE DODGE! I am a general enthusiat from the MOTOR CITY living in Chandler,Arizona now Looking for some more enthusiats to hang out with. I have owned 5 dodges and have modded them all! The last one I just got rid of was a 02 stratus Coupe and Had 338 Supercharged Hp at front wheels.
I Have also Had a Subaru Impreza Wrx STi with 628 at all four wheels!!!

I work over here in Earnhardt Dodge/Hyundai.
My family has worked for dodge for over 50 years so if it a dodge we know it!
My grandfather worked at Trenton Engine Plant, My father as owned nothing but dodge/chrysler products from a 440 six pack dart to our new vechile for the Step mom 300C SRT8. Dad owns a 03 diesel ram 2500 with a full banks Kit on it and soon a twin turbo system.
I am a performance junkie I am from Deeeeeetroit SO Ya I drag race and love it...
Anyways if you guys need a deal on a dodge as well as a enthusiast like yourself, someone that knows a thing or two not just a greedy salesman come see me. I am knowledgeable and love just talking cars all day. So come on by and ask for Justin.

BTW guys we got something like 20 yellow Charger Daytonas here that belong in your driveways... AND the pricing on them is INSANELY LOW!!!!

Justin James
Earnhard Dodge/Hyundai Internet Sales
Work-888.277.9087
Cell-480.634.3798

Old 04-14-2006, 12:52 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! I got here the same way, I was fed up with another forum!!

Dusty

Old 04-19-2006, 10:00 PM
RAMAGAIN
Rookie

Hey there. Shawn here.
Not new to dodges but new to the gen 3 Ram.

I just bought a Timberline Green 04 QC 4x4 hemi w/ 39k on it. Traded out my last 97 Dodge Dakota club 4x4 5.2. Paid 15 k +ttt for the new truck w/ balance of the 7/70k powertrain warranty..
It looks new, hopefully it'll run new for a while too!!!
She's fairly well equipped, 3.92 rear, tow pkg., infinity ss, chrome 20's, 40/20/40 cloth power seat, 60/40 rear seats w/fold flat floor, adjustable pedals, trip and compass, heated mirrors. I'm sure there's more..., I'm still finding stuff.

It's pretty stock but i've added a few things: fogs lights, new factory molded floor mats (rams head logo), leather seating (on the way), an RB4 nav, installed steering wheel audio controls, did a TB crank to level the truck out (made it look more like a 4x4), got a SC flashpaq, replaced original tires with new 275/60/20 Wrangler HPs (cost: 430.00 shipped), Underhood lighting and cupholder/ashtray lighting.

Hope to get a Line-X soon, the bed is ruined with the underrail bed liner...
Besides the Programmer the 1st drivetrain mod will probably be a shift kit when I do the tranny service.

Back in 94 I got my 1st dodge, a 2nd gen Ram 1500 sport (red) 5.2. When I was done with it, it sported nearly 480+ HP with a Paxton supercharger and extensive engine / tranny rebuilding. She was lowered 3" up front and 5" in the rear. With a 700+ lb Harley in the back I could dust 300Z's all day long.

Kicker was I spent the extra time to make it look like a sleeper, even put V6 emblems on the fender. Suprised more than a few corvettes and mustangs up to 120 mph, after that I was toast.

Traded that truck (minus blower and alarm system) for a 94 Jeep GC LTD AWD 5.2. Almost installed the blower in the Jeep, but I sold ithe Jeep for a Chevy Astro minivan for the wife. I loved the van, -newborns/kids are easier to handle in them. After a 2 year abscence of anything mopar to drive I came upon a 89 Dak 4x4 then my boss fried up. I rebuilt the drivetrain with another v6 and was good to go until I got my 1st 97 dak club 5.2. It's was sweet, had fender flares & wide profile tires. It got totalled by an 89 yr old woman who T-boned me while going thru an ntersection @ 55mph. I tried to avoid her but couldn't. We found the driveshaft about 150 feet away from where I came to rest. I was ok (carpal tunnel in both hands -damn airbag) and shee turned out ok too, just shocked.
I ended up with a nice settlement and purchased another used 97 dak club, this time a 4x4. Had some fun wheeling in it with my kids, but she was a tired truck. The paint was peeling back so bad it was rusting everywhere, the suspension was shot up front and it needed shocks all around. They gave me 5k for it and honestly that was about all it was worth. The drivetrain was still good, but the A/C was shot.
Oh, and I still have the blower....
hehehehe

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself