New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Eric and Matt!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
ICONHEMI

Hi Everyone. My name is Jeff. I live in Mesa Arizona and I own two Dodge Trucks. Mine is a 04 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad cab and my wife drives a 05 Durango SLT with the 4.7L Magnum V8. Love this website. Talk to you soon everyone.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
shadow92
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

Hey everyone. Im john dunn out of Richmond VA. I have heard about the site, so i figured id check it out. and if anyone can help me with my 1992 dodge shadow please feel free to hit me up. thanks a bunch.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
2NDGOROUND

HI THERE GUYS AND GALS....
I'M A MOPAR VET WITH OVER 10YRS (EXCEPT FOR A 3 YEAR TURBO MITSUBISHI HIADAS) IN THE TRENCHES ...AND READY TO PUT ANOTHER TRUCK TOGETHER....MY FIRST D-100 TRUCK MY FIRST CAR/TRUCK EVER 14 YEARS AGO AND FROM THE FRIST TOSS OF THE KEYS I WAS HOOKED...ENDED UP 440'D BY THE TIME I WAS 20 AND BROKE THE 3RD TRANNY BY THE TIME I WAS 22...GAVE IT UP I HAD HAD ENOUGH....WENT TO THE TURBO AWD MITSUBISHI'S FOR A WHILE AND FOUND THAT
TURBO CHARGERS ARE FUN! BUT ALAS THE CAR BECAME IMPRACTICAL AFTER MARRIAGE AND A KID SO I FIGURED I WOULD BUILD SOMETHING MORE WORTH WHILE LIKE MY UNCLE'S 72 DUSTER THAT HAD BEEN PARKED FOR YEARS...BUT THAT CAR IS A LITTLE ROUGHER THAN I COULD AFFORD TO GO(WHICH IS FOR SALE BTW) PLUS MY DAD HAS RECENTLY HAD A STROKE AND CANT WORK AND I NEED SOMETHING TO MOVE HAS STUFF AROUND SO I ENDED FINDING A 88 D-100 FOR $800 AND BOOM ! ALL THE MEMORIES OF MY YESTER YEAR SHOW UP AND I HAVE FOUND ENJOYMENT IN DRIVING AGAIN! YEA IT'S NOT THE STREET TERROR MY OTHER WAS BUT THAT CAN ALWAYS CHANGE AND GRANDMA'S 70 NEW(RUST BUCKET)YORKERS (WHICH BECAME MINE A FEW MONTHS AGO) 45,000 440 WAITS IN THE WINGS!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Jeff and John!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, JD!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 11-14-2007, 08:26 AM
CSX173
Amateur

Hi. I'm a newbie to this site. Well, I have lurked for a long time, but never registered or posted. I've been a Chrysler employee for 22 years. Starting in Alabama, but now in Michigan. I have owned many a Chrysler product. However, the best two are ones I created. First, a Panther Pink / Black 1971 Challenger 440 ragtop. Originally a 318 Plum Crazy Purple / White car. A/C, Sway Bars, Electric windows even. Put in a custom bent removable roll bar, the 440 with lots of powertrain mods,and won the Mopar Nats bracket racing class in 2000. That was my old school fun. Ironically, I sold it on e-Bay to someone I now live 10 miles from here in Michigan. That was when I lived in Alabama. Small world. Now, I created a Shelby CSX Convertible. A one of none. It is sadly for sale. Gotta make the house payment and pick up the pieces form the ex leaving back to Alabama with my daughter. It is posted in the for sale section and I have a few pics of its construction. I have won a few car shows with it, and I intended to do a little racing with it too, so it can be made to be quick. My plan was to be able to whip SRT-4s with it. A little computer work, and it probably could at least keep up with them. Glad to finally be aboard andI look forward to meeting new friends here. I also am the original owner of 1987 Shelby CSX #173. Got lots of Shelby parts to be sold soon. Thanks for the bandwith.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
jimb1

I've been having battery problems with my 1999 Durango for the past couple of months. I replaced the battery and the new battery kept going down. I took it back and they gave me a new one. I put it in and within a couple of hours it was totally drained. I had someone check it out and they traced it to the fuse box under the hood. They removed the fuse marked EBL/Power Seat. They didn't know what the EBL was, but said that it may have been the power seat that was draining the battery. Since the fuse was removed the battery has stayed up. I would like to know what the EBL means and if it could be the power seat since the power seat works fine with the fuse in. How can I tell if the problem is in the power seat or at the fuse box?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
BryceStrong

Dusty, I'm in the Denver Metro Area, specifically Golden and selling in Wheat Ridge. My company has it's Dodge dealer in Castle Rock, along the way to Colorado Springs. What's got you moving out here?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
uepete

Hey,
I'm Pete in Milwaukee, WI. I've got a 1987 Dodge Dakota. I'll be honest here and that is I am not the biggest Mopar fan. I admit I am biased because I come from a GM family where my dad owns a GM shop. A lot of it has to do with just being extremely familiar with GMs designs and engineering. I understand that a 20 year old truck is not the best example of a vehicle to ever base my opinions of a car company on, but I definately see a difference compared to the many vehicles I have already owned in my life. But here is the story of this truck:

I bought this truck from the original owners this past August. It was an elderly couple in Brookfield, WI that had bought it brand new. With the truck came every single receipt of work ever done on the truck at their service shop, the owners manuals, the sale paperwork and Wisconsin registration papers including the salesmans business card. The truck had gone through Rusty Jones preventative service (just like today's Ziebart Tidy Car) after it had been puchased in 1987. Anyway, the truck sat in their garage unused for the last 4.5 years. The old lady was very paranoid and kept it in case of emergency (even though they had another car). Every month, a friend of the family would go over, add a little fresh gas to the truck, start it up and made sure it always ran. But it never left the garage for 4.5 years. One day they smelled gas and found that the plastic gas tank cracked and started leaking. In taking it to the service shop they also discovered a hole formed in the brake line and rear proportion valve. In short, I bought the truck for dirt cheap, practically stealing it from them. In the last 3 months since I have bought it I have had to do the following: Full tune up including plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coolant flush, belts, oil/filter change, transmission fluid/filter change, shocks, repair gas tank, repair brake line, proportion valve, replace master cylinder, 1 rear wheel seal, 1 rear wheel brake cylinder and the bypass coolant hose. This basically got the truck back up to speed after sitting for so long in a garage. We all know rubber parts begin to disintegrate if they sit around too long, especially in a climate like Wisconsin that gets both extreme heat and cold. The good part is the truck's body is almost immaculate and the engine has only 74,000 miles on it. I can see that the timing chain/gear needs replacement as the timing is way off and the truck does run slightly rough. I also have an issue with the starter grinding often times when I first try starting it. I am hoping this can be a simple repair before my flywheel gets eaten up and have to pull the tranny to replace that.

Anyway, hopefully I can learn some hints and tips in the forum and welcome any suggestions people have. Or, if someone wants to buy this truck, I am willing to sell it too.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself