New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:43 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

Welcome Duane, TJ, and 02dakotakid to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!

Dusty

Old 08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: bamaboy

Yeah I'm out at Nellis. I'm with Rescue as a helicopter crew chief. I was wandering if anyone has heard of any recalls on 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4's for the transmission? I heard from a friend there was but I never heard anything about it except that pretty much all those trucks have had problems with front main seals, rear main seals, and the transmissions. I've been hearing that for the last 3-4 yrs. You know anything of it? Oh yeah, it's the Off-Road with the 5.9 L. Thanks for any info ya'll can give me.
Josh, if you post your questiton in the Ram Section, you'll find lots of folks there ready to help you out........

Dusty

Old 08-22-2006, 11:30 PM
jdawg03

hey guys,

new to the forum. just got a 2006 ram 1500 quad, looking for different ideas and i was told this is the place to be...

thanks
joey

Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Joey!! Congrats on the new truck and enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 PM
semo03hemiram
Amateur

Welcome everybody that came on here after me. Hope you like the site. I am still looking around myself

Old 08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
RAMSLAM

Hey every 1, Owned my 03 1500 quad cab for about a month now. Spent a few days over at the Dodgetalk forums and just got a bad vibe from some of the Hemi drivers there. Anywazzzz, after reading through some of the posts here the people seem to be more genuinely friendly so hopefully i`ve found a new home.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:35 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Eric!! I found DF the same way, I also got bad vibes at another site. This place IS different!!

Dusty

Old 08-27-2006, 12:04 AM
dibblejr

Hello everyone, obviously I am a newbie here and to anything domestic. I have always thought of Toyota as my first choice of a truck, however my entire family had Dodges at some point. I am in the US Army and I have been stationed at Fort Drum, NY I discovered one thing, here in the North Country there are a lot of Dodge PU's. I also realized that with the harsh winter months here that Dodge is my best choice.
I just bought my 1998 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4 today. I will pick it up on Wed, the dealer is replacing a couple steering parts on it.
I will not say how much I paid, but I think I got a great deal and thats what counts.
I have a simple question;
Once I placed the transfer case into 4H and then back to only RWD the 4WD light stayed illuminated. What makes this go off and where can I find out the do's and dont's of my new trucks engagement of the transfer case?

The owners manual was to generic and I did not want to ask the dealer. I didnt want them to think they could cheat me on this aspect of the truck.
The light was off when I started the test drive, my wife was reading the manual and I shifted the transfer case to 4H at around 25 MPH, however I had a hard time reengaging it to the 2H position ( I think it is in 2H) but the light is still on.

Thanks in advance for the reply. The site looks great

Jay-R

Old 08-27-2006, 12:11 AM
semo03hemiram
Amateur

First, welcome to Dodge Forum Glad you got a Dodge. Now to your question. It is staying on because you haven't disengaged it completely. After you have went 4wheeling, and you want to shift back to 2wd, it will do so, but you should stop and back up about 30-40 feet to completely disengage the transaxle. This also cuts down on axle tension. Try it and see if that works. That is what I always had to do with my 2001.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site. Good choice joining the rest of your family and getting yourself a Dodge. I'm not familiar with the 4wd system on the Rams but I"m sure someone in the Ram section could help you out. I know with some older vehicles you would have to stop and back up to get the 4wd to disengage but I don't if thats the case with yours. Just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself