New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:19 PM
V8 Cummins Diesel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

New to the forum! I own a '02 4.7L 3.55 QC auto 83,500 miles I love my truck! But, anxiously waiting to trade up for a V8 cummins in 2009.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Hay everyone. Jeremy here. I'm 25 and on my 4th dodge now. Had a 01 ram quad cab and a 98 dakota, now have a 99 dakota extended cab and a 02 quad cab ram. I can honestly say I've converted my entire family. My dad was a die-hard ford man till I talked him into trying a Dodge ram(back in 1998), he is now on his third ram and about to buy a new diesel with the 6.7. My mom finally got rid of the old grand marquis for a Durango, My lil bro got rid of his f-150 for a 03 HEMI, and my sister and her husband are on thier third or fourth Mopar now. I even talked my g/f into a Jeep Grand Cherokee. (hey better than a trail blazer like she wanted)

Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Areilius

Hi,

I have looked at this forum for awhile getting alot of good info. Just got my first dodge yesterday and its great so far. Ours is a 07.5 2500 6.7L Laramie. Decided we might as well go all out cause we aint buying a new truck for a long time. We are using ours mostly for hauling our toys to the dunes out here in oregon. Anyways great site. Thanks

Old 07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Gonz

Hey all, Newbie here. Recently bought a an 07 Ram quad cab. Loving it. This is a great site

Old 07-22-2007, 02:06 PM
4.7_power05

hey everyone newbie got a 05 ram quad cab and love the dam thing pic's and more mods to come

Old 07-23-2007, 01:08 AM
gtown

Hello to all dodge lovers. I signed up for the site looking for advice and found some very quickly. I plan on being an active member.

27 marriedyear old father of 3.

I will post my ocupation later (after) I have made a few friends..... and see if they still talk to me.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
1SWTHEMI
Rookie

Hey every1,

Im kinda new here and just baught my first Dodge in September. Got a 04 Ram QC Hemi, andI love it!!!
My dad is a diehard Chevy guy and told me i couldnt park in his drive way, I told him I didnt want to park my truck near his garbage anyway, and bought my first house. I am married and my wife loves the truck too, she just wont drive it. I'll get some pics up soon.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Raminator!!

2003 1500 Ram QCSB, 4x4 5.9L V8.

Got this Truck in July while home on vacation. I was pestered and pestered to death by my wife and her family to get rid of my 2000 Trans Am WS6(Which was paid for).

I took the car down to the dealer ship to get appraised when I walked up on the truck that I now own.

It sure isnt fast enough, and I sure dont really mind it that much. I mean I wanted a Ram eventually but jst not the way I got it.

Needless to say that I am now onthe look out for go fast parts, and really aint finding any. everyone seems to make them for the 5.7 and the 5.7 Hemi. so I guess I am so SOL on that part. But I am not done looking yet.

Future plans for the truck right now is, a Cold Air Intake, some exhaust modifications, Nerf Bars and a few other cosmetic upgrades, and then some audio up grades. It has te Infinity speakers in it, but I just dont get a good sound out of them with the stock head unit and the back channels. It just doesnt thump enough.

But other than the occassional run down the 1/8th mile track, nothing real special going to be done, unless the folks out at Kenne Bell can help me out with the Forced Induction bit.

Will keep ya all in the loop, and will have pics up sometime in January when I come home for my next vacation from Iraq(I'm a contractor not a troop, just supporting them)....Peace and Love ya'll

Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM
WhoDey38

Hello, I am also new to the dodge forum. I am a true blue Mopar guy. Started with my first vehicle in 2000 w/ a 1995 Dodge Dakota, 4cylinder, completely bare bones, no AC, no power nothing, vinyl floors and seats, best truck I ever owned. Went on to a Jeep Wrangler that I lifted and modd'ed out. Sick Jeep,had $4500 into it over two years, got $5000 when I sold it. During same time as Jeep, owned a 2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab w/ 4.7L V8, great motor. Last two years I had a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ a 6.5 lift and 35" tires. Cracked the front axle at the shift actuator housing, (must of been a weak spot) and decided to trade that in and buy NEW. On Saturday 7/28/07, I bought a 2007 Patriot Blue 1500 4WD Big Horn Edition w/ the 4.7L motor. I just cannot see spending the extra money and getting the HEMI when I just do not need all that power.

Love my truck and look forward to sharing my knowledge for the vehicles and picking your brains as well. Shoot me an email if you live in the Central Valley, CA and we can hook up for a trail ride or a car show or something.

Mitch

PS- How about Dodge/Mopar stepping up with a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, killer deal!!

Old 07-30-2007, 10:29 PM
texasdave07

Whats up Everyone. Im new here, and just stopping to say hi! To say a little about me. Im 23 from texas, but living in Tennessee because of the army!!! I drive a Red2003 Ram, s/c s/b. 5.7LHEMI. Lowered with a 2"4" drop. SRT-10 hood, BedCover. Its Got Airraid CAI, Flowmaster 40Series Exhaust, dumped. Hypertech programmer, Stage II superchip. 180 degree thermostat. a nice stereo system and plenty more to come! Feel free to say hey!

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself