New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:10 AM
banditbd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Hi all

I'm new 34 and having many problems with my 2004 dodge stratus. long story will post in that forum. I stumbled acroos this site when i googled a repair. pretty cool i have read many threads already. good questions and answers from what i saw.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:05 AM
RICKS08CTD
Default New guy checking in

Hello from Alaska. You'll be hearing from me again.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:49 AM
goatowner

Hi All, my name is Art and I’m in Florida.

I’m a brand new “Newbie” as I just purchased my first Dodge Truck. It’s a 2009 SLT, 2500, gas engine Quad Cab, with a long bed. It’s white in color with the grey cloth interior.

The truck it’s replacing is an ’85 Ford, E-350 box van which I’ve had for about 15 yrs. The box van was worn out when I got it and I’ve worn it out a couple of times more. It’s been a real trooper but is falling apart and if it dies before I can sell it, it will probably be economically unrepairable.

I think I am going to be thrilled with the truck and intend to keep it forever. The warrantee in unbelievable but, of course, that assumes Chrysler doesn’t go belly up. If it does I guess I’ll be SOL.

I am in the midst of the normal add-ons, upgrades which will include a hidden gooseneck hitch and electric brake controller (scheduled for Monday) and bed liner spray (scheduled for Tuesday/Wednesday) with fender flares and rocker panel spray.

A BAKRAK Tonneau is on order and should arrive next week.

I will have some questions as I progress and am sure I will find knowledgeable folks here to help me.

Thanks in advance, Art.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
timothy2k3
Default im a newbie

timothy2k3 u can call me tim own a 2003 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi (yeah baby) 20 inch stock wheels and crappy gas mileage help me get better mpgs plz im at 10mpg now

Old 02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
AJ1966

I just picked up an '06 Ram 1500 a few months back...I also have a '66 Charger in my sig I've had for awhile. I live in KS, originally from CT.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Nox

Nox in Alaska and so far the site is awsome.
Ok I wil try to post,but im more used to post-it notes.
88,RamCharger LE 150 4x4 and 86 Dakota 4x4.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
HG07JKRubi
Rookie

Newb from Pottstown PA (Philly burbs). Will be in the market for an '09 Dodge Ram in the next few months. Undecided between 1500/2500 will all depend on what size travel trailer we will eventually upgrade to. (Currently towing an 18' light weight with an '07 Jeep Rubicon)

Trying to learn about the changes made to the 1500 for '09... are similar changes scheduled for the 2500 as well ?

Also - we'll be purchasing through my wife's company that has a Fleet program with Dodge. Anyone have any experience buying through a Fleet program ?

Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 PM
ramfurykid10

well, Aaron, 17
Been around Mopar period all of my life and am purchasing my first Ram this week (probably tommorow)
I have a Plymouth Fury III that I plan on making my steady project car after I purchase my truck.
Looking forward to using the forum for tech and maybe some fun
Have fun yall,
Aaron

Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Dodge20077
Talking Bad Brad

I own '93 Dodge Stealth R/T. My car runs good at idle for a minute or two then the RPMs and the Volt Meter jump. Could please help and let me know what is causing this?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
83dodgeswb4x4
Professional
Default A short Introduction? Well I hope its rather shortish anyway.

Hello, I'm Ed and I'll be turning 38 in a little bit.
My first experiance with Dodges came in the form of a 1968 Plymouth Fury 3 which I purchased for $150.00 back in the late 80's. I may have failed to mention that this car had been left sitting in a farmers field for ten or so years. When I went to get it I took a battery and a five gallon can of gas and drove the beast home. I drove it for a couple of years until I had purcahsed four brand new exotic cars for the folks at the oil company. it leaked so much oil and tranny fluid I was considering tieing a 55 gallon drum of each to the roof. I decided to rebuild the engine and have the tranny freshened in the mid 90's but an ensueing battle between a 90 mile an hour wind and a 30 year old hood latch decided my poor cars fate as the hood flew up and back through the windshield and bent the roofline of the car. Since then I have owned a plathora of chrysler products including an E-Class, several pickups, aspens, reliants, spirits. But the most notable is the 1983 short wheel base 4X4 that I still have. I purcahsed it in 93 or 94. as a favor to a friend so they could get out from under it. It originally ran a 225 slant six which developed a massive problem with the lean burn system just after I got the truck. I was out gathering scrap iron one day and it just quit and would not restart. I had it towed home and descussed the situation with the local mechanic who informed me that there was no choice but to replace the box on the air cleaner and the price of $1500.00. Well I took a high tech approach and attempted to eliminate the box. (Which he had told me was impossible.) I went to the junk yard, purchased a $15.00 point style distributer from an older van and put that in with new points and condenser and drove the truck over to see him. (He wasn't to pleased with me.) Since then the truck is now on its fourth motor. (I got tired of the lack of power from the six and swapped to a 318.) Its a fresh motor with Edlebrock intake, intake, and valve springs and a holley 4 bbl. Its anything but the show piece of the stable, but I have never had such a hard working truck, and I have owned fords, chevys, toys, datsun's, internationals and this one has done anything and everything I have ever asked of it. (Many of which I should have never even considered.)

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself