New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:17 AM
jake-callison
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Howdy

My name is Jake and I own a 96 Dodge Ram V8 5.9 4x4. Well, I should start off saying it was my dads truck, he bought it brand new and customized from the factory and eventually sold it to me. I love to brag lol so its red and black, original paint and still show room clean cause I worked at a carwash for a couple years lol.

Oh, btw I digress;

Anyways, today I felt bad for the makers of the Dodges notorious transmissions lol. I was at the gas station filling up and another all black 96-97 ram pulled up. The guy got out of his car and asked if my transmission has gone out yet, i told him it hadn't and he went on to say he had been through two and he only has 160k. I told him I had 210k miles and mine is still running strong and laughed when I told him I used to be a mechanic so I knew how to maintenance it. But at the same time I felt bad for the guy. A transmission is not something I would want to replace twice, lol.

I'm having a little trouble out of her and was hoping someone could direct me to the section of the forum where I can post a question regarding engine repair. See, the codes reading say cylinder five is misfiring. So i changed my plugs, dist. cap, rotor button, eventually i had to replace my cat. converter. I've put countless bottles of fuel injector cleaners in it and I am just dumbfounded how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 AM
77Utiline
Default Hello

I thought I had found and subscribed to most of the Dodge sites on the web that were worth anything, I wasn't even looking for Dodge sites when the link came up on a search while I was looking for tires for my 97 T&C. So I visited and registered and now here I am. I own 3 Dodge's. My favorite and my "baby" is my 1977 Power Wagon which I am in the process of upgrading.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
shark27
Default New Member From Kenosha, WI

Hey girls and boys! I saw this site yesterday and I'm impressed with the level of information that's on here. I'm going to pick up my '09 ram in 3 hours and I can't be more excited to be back driving a Dodge. I was a previous owner of a '01 Ram quad cab that I loved but, it did have some issues. After the 4th torque converter and an expiring warranty, I decided to trade it in on a '04 Chevy Avalanche. The Avalanche was a great truck. It has 143, xxx miles and never had an issue. My issue was that despite the chevy being decked out, it never felt as good to drive as my Dodge. Once I decided that it was time for a new truck I went straight to the Dodge dealer by my house and test drove the new '09. Every truck I drove after that didn't compare to the Dodge. The new truck has chrome side steps, chome strip on the sides, chrome bug shield, gas cap and a bed liner. I put the navigation in it too. Hopefully the picture shows up on my profile. That's it...nice to meet all of you. now of you;ll excuse me...I have a new truck to pick up.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 PM
jeffdodge0487
Default new on dodge forum

hey all, i'm new to this site. I was wondering if anybody knew how to join nasty neons club and how to get that sweet decal? I have an 04 Dodge Neon with lots of mods. pics coming soon!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
bcendro
Default Checking in

Hi just want to check in.Im new to the forum... so be gentle...lol.. just looking for ideas for my truck and see others trucks drop a line to say hi

Old 03-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Joseph666

G'Day,
Looking for info to inprove gas and running of my 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 V 6 Mag motor have twin X sys with cat still on runs great only 47000 miles, is there a low cost better air feed? and to stiffin the ride I have onley had the ride a few months a bit bouncy for me.
Cheers Joseph

Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
LilyG

Hello everyone my names Lily. I joined to help figure out whats wrong with my car.. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Tom Dually

Hi, I'm Tom, a bonified dodge freak, I grew up with them, my grandfather always drove a dodge and he taught me to drive on his Polara with push button drive,I was nine at the time . Since then I have had some wonderful cars but but due to many bad experiences with General Mess Of C--- I will always be a Mopar or Nocar guy ! Presently have an 06 one ton with the a cummins diesel, 4x4, a fabulous truck, it's my second one. The everyday driver is a 91 Stealth ES but the cream of the crop is the '68 Coronet R/T conv. factory black with a white int., a 440,Edlebrock 4 barrel with torque flight only about 300 still around , heavily optioned including power windows, it's my 401K. It's restoration is almost complete. It's great to be a member of a forum that share similar interests.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by no_more_sports_cars
What's up everyone...brand new dodge owner...2008 grand caravan! I'm Stephen from sunny Winnipeg, Manitoba. Drove sports cars as long as i've had a license and with a 3rd baby on the way, I (actually my wife and I) decided that it was time to step up and get something that's a little more family friendly. So I took a deep breath, walked into the dealership and traded my mazda6 away and picked up my 'new to me' van. I will admit that it's pretty slick and all the features were a big selling point.

Cheers!
Welcome to DF No more! Glad you have found a vehicle to fit your needs Enjoy the site.

Originally Posted by twintshelby
hey, my name is Andy, i own a 89 dodge daytona shelby.
Welcome to DF Twintshelby!

Originally Posted by slosharkin
hello my name is dave i have a 92 dodge stealth
Originally Posted by jake-callison
My name is Jake and I own a 96 Dodge Ram V8 5.9 4x4. Well, I should start off saying it was my dads truck, he bought it brand new and customized from the factory and eventually sold it to me. I love to brag lol so its red and black, original paint and still show room clean cause I worked at a carwash for a couple years lol.

Oh, btw I digress;

Anyways, today I felt bad for the makers of the Dodges notorious transmissions lol. I was at the gas station filling up and another all black 96-97 ram pulled up. The guy got out of his car and asked if my transmission has gone out yet, i told him it hadn't and he went on to say he had been through two and he only has 160k. I told him I had 210k miles and mine is still running strong and laughed when I told him I used to be a mechanic so I knew how to maintenance it. But at the same time I felt bad for the guy. A transmission is not something I would want to replace twice, lol.

I'm having a little trouble out of her and was hoping someone could direct me to the section of the forum where I can post a question regarding engine repair. See, the codes reading say cylinder five is misfiring. So i changed my plugs, dist. cap, rotor button, eventually i had to replace my cat. converter. I've put countless bottles of fuel injector cleaners in it and I am just dumbfounded how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to DF Andy! Glad the Rams working out for ya. I think its a hit or miss with the older Trannys, because I was in the same boat as you with my older Dakota, and never had a problem with the trans. Some of the Dodge Trannys were know have problems. If you check out the 2nd Gen Ram Section and post in that section some of the guys there maybe be able to help ya with your current problem. Good luck and enoy the site!

Originally Posted by 77Utiline
I thought I had found and subscribed to most of the Dodge sites on the web that were worth anything, I wasn't even looking for Dodge sites when the link came up on a search while I was looking for tires for my 97 T&C. So I visited and registered and now here I am. I own 3 Dodge's. My favorite and my "baby" is my 1977 Power Wagon which I am in the process of upgrading.
Welcome to DF 77! Yeah I think you'll find this is the more active/better site SOunds like a nice fleet of vehicles Hope you enjoy your stay

Originally Posted by shark27
Hey girls and boys! I saw this site yesterday and I'm impressed with the level of information that's on here. I'm going to pick up my '09 ram in 3 hours and I can't be more excited to be back driving a Dodge. I was a previous owner of a '01 Ram quad cab that I loved but, it did have some issues. After the 4th torque converter and an expiring warranty, I decided to trade it in on a '04 Chevy Avalanche. The Avalanche was a great truck. It has 143, xxx miles and never had an issue. My issue was that despite the chevy being decked out, it never felt as good to drive as my Dodge. Once I decided that it was time for a new truck I went straight to the Dodge dealer by my house and test drove the new '09. Every truck I drove after that didn't compare to the Dodge. The new truck has chrome side steps, chome strip on the sides, chrome bug shield, gas cap and a bed liner. I put the navigation in it too. Hopefully the picture shows up on my profile. That's it...nice to meet all of you. now of you;ll excuse me...I have a new truck to pick up.
Welcome to DF Shark! Glad you are finding what ya need. This site is very active Now dont forget to post pictures and share the new looks with everyone Enjoy the site and your new truck!!

Originally Posted by jeffdodge0487
hey all, i'm new to this site. I was wondering if anybody knew how to join nasty neons club and how to get that sweet decal? I have an 04 Dodge Neon with lots of mods. pics coming soon!
Welcome to DF jeff. As far as joining nasty's club, you might want to send him a PM. That might help. Hope you enjoy the site and figure out what you are looking for!

Originally Posted by bcendro
Hi just want to check in.Im new to the forum... so be gentle...lol.. just looking for ideas for my truck and see others trucks drop a line to say hi
Welcome to DF bc! I am sure you'll find most everything you are looking for here Enjoy the site, and dont be afraid to ask questions about the forum if you have any

Originally Posted by Joseph666
G'Day,
Looking for info to inprove gas and running of my 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 V 6 Mag motor have twin X sys with cat still on runs great only 47000 miles, is there a low cost better air feed? and to stiffin the ride I have onley had the ride a few months a bit bouncy for me.
Cheers Joseph
Welcome to DF Joe. Check out the 2nd Gen Ram Section and maybe also ask questions in there. I am sure many of those guys can hep you out. Good luck and enjoy the site!

Originally Posted by LilyG
Hello everyone my names Lily. I joined to help figure out whats wrong with my car.. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
Welcome to DF Lily! I am sure someone here maybe able to help ya! Enjoy the site!

Originally Posted by Tom Dually
Hi, I'm Tom, a bonified dodge freak, I grew up with them, my grandfather always drove a dodge and he taught me to drive on his Polara with push button drive,I was nine at the time . Since then I have had some wonderful cars but but due to many bad experiences with General Mess Of C--- I will always be a Mopar or Nocar guy ! Presently have an 06 one ton with the a cummins diesel, 4x4, a fabulous truck, it's my second one. The everyday driver is a 91 Stealth ES but the cream of the crop is the '68 Coronet R/T conv. factory black with a white int., a 440,Edlebrock 4 barrel with torque flight only about 300 still around , heavily optioned including power windows, it's my 401K. It's restoration is almost complete. It's great to be a member of a forum that share similar interests.
Welcome to DF Tom! I am sure you will fit in perfect here. There are many members who are dodge freaks also, that reside on the site. Post some pictures up and share the love Hope you enjoy the site!

Old 03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
speed_man13
Professional
Default New Guy

Hey all! I just found this website and have a great deal of info! I bought a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7 V6 and love it. I am currently looking to get a power wagon, but I love the dodge so far and will not give it up! Nice to find this site!

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself