New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HULKING WAR MACHINE
New here guys I just bought a 1974 Dodge B200 3 speed V8.. As a family project and need a place to get stock parts to make her look like new any help would be nice
Welcome to DF Hulking! Hopefully we all can help. Good luck on your project

Originally Posted by kev2
Retired... helping and sharing my automotive experience with, family (not all), friends (to often) and the less fortunate in the community. current or expired credentials ...ASE, EPA, State inspector certificates, GMPST, mech eng deg, @30yrs with dirty hands.retired... but cannot help tinkering

hoping I can add some usefully helpful information, I am on a constant quest for information.....and I will always share...
the holy grail this week is dodge chry jeep- trouble codes WITH hyper link to the trouble shooting trees...
Welcome to DF kev! Glad ya joined, we can always use a helping hand/mind around here Thanks again!

Originally Posted by mjf4UGA
Ok I will check that out. Thanks for the welcom and the advice.
No problem man!

Originally Posted by kujo406
whats going on guys and gals. Iam 23 married in the Army waiting to come home from my long tour to see the wife and get started on my pickup. I have a 82 D-series stepside. I have a buddy that has a J10 Jeep with a AMC 360 in it. I want to take that 360 rebuild it and put it in my dodge. I want to know if any one has information on this truck and books i could buy so i can learn before i start digging in. Iam new to the rebuild seen and i think this would be a good start for me. Please reply i would like to know where i can get started. Thank You Kujo
Welcome to DF Kujo! Maybe check out the Dodge Classics Section they might be able to help in that section. If nothing can be found, I'll ask some of the other moderators for ya, maybe they can help! Good luck and enjoy the site!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Nailhead 88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum

Hi just joined today
I'm on other forums also, David on PY said look you up, so here i am

I have a 98 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 bought it about a year & 1/2 when i sold my 03 Silverado

The Dodge was well taken care of inside & outside, later when i serviced it found out it needed everything up front, just replaced the bearings in the rearend

The Dodge rode better then my Z 71 that was a plus, i use the Dodge for everyday use & pulling my trailer hauling old cars i just have to have, there all projects

Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Welcome to DF Nailhead! Glad ya found us and that people are referring to us Glad you are pleased with your beast. Do you have photos of it? Hope you enjoy the site!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Hdcowboy
Professional
Talking

New guy! Actually I found out I joined in 06 but couldnt remember my password for nothing (or joining up foor that matter). But anyways I just bought my 1st Dodge (Black 09 Ram Quad Cab SLT w/4.7) and I love it! Test drove the Fords (always been a Ford Truck man) and the Chevys & GMC's but wound up moving to the dark side and getting the Dodge about a week ago. Hard to pass up a lifetime powertrain warranty and I bought the lifetime bumper to bumper to go with it! Just hope I didnt screw up and Chrysler dont wind up going belly up and my waranties become worthless! But I figure its worth the gamble and Obama claims he'll back up the warranty so here I am!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Welcome back to the DF family Hd! Glad you are back and now have a sweet truck Do you have pictures of it yet? So on another note, what kinda harley do you ride? I am a rider myself! Anyways I hope you enjoy your time here and all!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Hdcowboy
Professional

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Welcome back to the DF family Hd! Glad you are back and now have a sweet truck Do you have pictures of it yet? So on another note, what kinda harley do you ride? I am a rider myself! Anyways I hope you enjoy your time here and all!
Thanks for the welcome! I have a 95 Dyna and an 05 Ultima Fat Bastard Kit Bike. I havent got around to taking any pics of the truck yet........

Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

That 05 is sweet! The 95 Dyna is in awesome shape too!

This is my animal, its an 03 Softail. Its a work in progress, I am doing little things here and there.
Name:  IMG_0039.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  169.7 KB

Have you checked out the hd forums?

Now get on to the Pictures of the truck

Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Hdcowboy
Professional

Actually the kit bike is not all that stock anymore, I had an 18yr old kid cut out in front of me and totaled the bike (bent frame) so I wound up getting a ground up custom rebuild out of the deal and got to hand pick my parts out of the catolage. Luckily I didnt get seriously hurt though, all I got out of it was a major spained ankle, a big bump on my head (wasnt wearing a helmet) and just a tiny bit of roadrash. Heres the bike after the crash.......

Dang near took the rear bumper off the truck........

BTW what HD forum where you refering to?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Wow... close one there.

IB's www.hdforums.com Its at the bottom of the page also.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:25 PM
ThelenDodge
Default new to Dodge Forum

Like to say hi to every one. I have owned two Dodge Rams, 06 and 08 and looking forward next year for a 2010. I work for a Dodge dealer and look to get more info and more input to better assist me..

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself