New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Help, message still moderated

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
bandroidx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New gen3 Dodge RAM 1500 member - Needs Help

Hi, i posted a reply to the hid issue/question thread in the 3rd gen dodge ram 1500 forums yesterday and its still moderated. it was relevant to the topic and didnt have any spam so can someone please help me get my post to show?

Thanks

PS. I am new to the site, just got a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 v6 from a family member (my lease was up and I didnt want to get something new in this market - glad I didnt, am loving this truck)

I already upgraded the head unit (to a sony bluetooth unit that streams music from my android phone running cm7 and handsfree calling works amazing) and ordered power door locks and power window motoros from ebay for my doors, I cant deal with the non power!

Also ordered a auto dimming gentex mirror from ebay, after my last 2 cars were brand new, I cant deal without this either!

Next I am ordering HIDS.

I used to be a professional installer about 10 years ago for car stereo/alarms/remote starts but havent done much since (leasing cars/trucks sucks, i am so happy to be back to a car i can mod to my hearts content). My power door lock kit comes with keyless entry, it will link to an alarm so i plan on adding an alarm remote start before the winter.

The truck has the rails and snaps for a cover but the cover is ruined, can these be purcahsed seperately of the whole kit that is over $200+ ??

Any tips/comments/advice on these plans is welcome.

My check engine light also came on after the first week, I have an ELM327 ODBII reader I got cheap off ebay, its bluetooth and works amazing with the app Torque on android. It's reading high voltage on the powertrain o2 sensor, but it says ok running off closed o2 sensor loop after warming up and gas mileage seems ok. I am thinking I might reset the code and see if it comes back before wasting money on a new o2 sensor, but I assume if I do need to replace it, if its a powertrain o2 sensor code, I assume its in the ecahust manifold on the bottom of the truck ??

Thanks again!

bandroidx

Last edited by bandroidx; 08-05-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: better title
Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The moderator in that section may have to unselect the post that is moderated,
FF

Old 08-07-2011, 05:10 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bandroidx
...posted a reply to the hid issue/question thread in the 3rd gen dodge ram 1500 forums yesterday and its still moderated. it was relevant to the topic and didnt have any spam so can someone please help me get my post to show...
Did ya check your "private messages" and see if you got an explanation? Maybe you went outside Rules of DodgeForum?

Last edited by vpnavy; 08-07-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 PM
bandroidx
Rookie

Originally Posted by vpnavy
Did ya check your "private messages" and see if you got an explanation? Maybe you went outside Rules of DodgeForum?

I did and I have no private messages and the message is still moderated.

Should I post my HID questions elwhere for dodge ram 1500 gen 3?

Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 PM
bandroidx
Rookie

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
The moderator in that section may have to unselect the post that is moderated,
FF
Do you know what moderator I should contact?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think dirtydog is one of the moderators in that section,
FF

Quick Reply: Help, message still moderated