New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello from Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Mongo44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Houston

Hey Y'all!

My name is John and I live in Houston. Been driving Dodge trucks for a long time and am currently in a 2005 longbed 2500 4x4. I bought the truck in '06 with only 9400 miles on it and have really, really enjoyed it.

I have no chips, no lifts or any mods of any kind on the truck and I drive it the way it was intended to be driven. I don't race, nor do I try to scale cliffs in the thing and don't "go muddin'" in it. I am your typical Texas outdoorsman and a cowboy in my free time. That means I haul everything from three or four-horse slant gooseneck horse trailers, stock trailers, large RVs, a boat and other stuff. I've been in the costruction business as well, so this vehicle serves every aspect of my life. And I drive it to blacktie events. It's simply my dream vehicle. Simple as that.

That said, I am here in hopes that someone can convince me to keep it. I have been having MAJOR issues with it that no one can figure out - it's been in the shop for a total of nine weeks off and on since Memorial Day. Needless to say, while I'm glad to be here and probably should've joined years ago, I'm finally out of patience.

I just wanted to introduce myself before jumping in and firing off a bunch of questions. I'm a member of a Harley forum and of a MasterCraft (boat) forum, so I understand the rules, etc.

I look forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the forum.

Thanks for having me!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 11-13-2011, 11:50 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

John, Be sure to post the problems you are having in the 3rd Gen Ram section. This way some of the members can help you.

Quick Reply: Hello from Houston