New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to Dodge Trucks and needing help already

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM
erichoff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Dodge Trucks and needing help already

Hi everyone. I’m new to owning a Dodge truck, but I’ve had a few Chrysler products over the years. The last was a 1965 Imperial convertible and the guys over at ImperialClub.com were a tremendous help. This looks like the right place to ask Dodge questions so here goes.

I just bought a project truck and I’m hoping you guys can help me identify it. I’m pretty sure the truck is a compilation of two or more trucks, but I need help identifying the pieces so I can get going on ordering parts. The VIN on the door tag and an old registration paper I found in the glove box decode as follows:

Serial Number: D24BE3S113976
Make: Dodge
Model: D2 - D200
Body Style: 4 - Conventional Cab with Sweptline box; Compact Hi-Line Wagon (Royal Sportsman)
Gross Vehicle Weight: B - 6,001 lbs. to 10,000 lbs.
Engine: E - LA 318-1 V8 2V
Year: 1973
Plant: S - Warren Truck #1
Wheelbase: 131,149,165
Rating: 3/4 Ton
Build Number: 113976

However, the truck is a 4WD dually, with a suspension that looks like it can handle more than 10,000 lbs. The engine looks to be a 318, but it has a 4V intake manifold (no carb) that doesn’t look to be after-market.

Is there any way to identify the driveline components? The truck has traded hands a few times so there isn’t any way for me to know who did what to this thing.

Quick Reply: New to Dodge Trucks and needing help already