New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Reno1989
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

I have a 04 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. I was driving down the road in town and didnt notice any problems till I started leaving town. I was stuck in one gear I dont really know what gear 2nd or 3rd I would think. It never down shifted or up shifted. I shut my truck off and and waited a few mins and started it again to see what would happen. It ran perfect. I put it on a computer and it said there was a fault in shifting in a solenoid socket F. I understand the whole solenoid thing but I dont understand is what does it mean socket f. I dont really want to try and fix it till I know. Any ideas?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:22 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Have you started a post in the 3rd Gen Ram section yet? I would need a P code to tell on how to go about to repair the problem.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Reno1989
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant really remember for sure what the P code was I would have to plug it back in the computer. I do know that it is a solenoid in the trans. I just need to know how many there is. The computer says it solenoid F. I thought there was only 1 but I was told other wise the other day that there was 6 so I dont really know. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me. Im trying on 3rd gen also. Im not really getting anywhere to be honest with you. Im just going to have to keep asking around. Thanks though

Old 12-17-2011, 05:31 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those following Reno1989's problem - jump over to DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram > Please Help...