New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy with probs in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:50 PM
madmike05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New guy with probs in Germany

Hi I'm currently stationed in Spangdahlem AB, Germany and I recently bought a 2000 Durango 5.9L 4x4 with alittle over 100 thousand miles from a fellow Airmen, and of course it has problems. This is my first Dodge ever and by far it's one of my favorite vehicles. Before I bought this truck the previous owner said that it sat at the port in L.A. for 2 years before he had it shipped over, once he had it shipped here to Germany and started her up the check engine light came on, so he took it to one of the auto shops to have it looked at and the guy told him it that it was one of the sensors and couldn't tell him which one cause there's so many blah blah blah. Any after I took it off his hands and really drove it I relized that it had a similar problem that one of my previous vehicles had, it sounded like it was sucking to much air in and had problems going. I thought it was the MAF and come to find out there is no MAF and using this site I found out it was the MAPS, I changed that out and another sensor and the truck started running smooth as can for about a week or two until the check engine light came back on with dreaded P1740 code. Now I already ordered the TCC Transmission Switch assymbly from AZ and just waiting for that to come in but does anybody happen to have an IPB of the tranny or can tell me what I need to do to swap this part out? I hope this fixes my problem and is the last of the stuck or gunked up sensors and solenoids.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by madmike05; 12-21-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:39 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard madmike05! First - thanks for your service to our contry. And, second - stay tuned - a Technician (or member) will jump in shortly to provide a possible solution. In the meantime, don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: Durango for stuff related to your ride.

Quick Reply: New guy with probs in Germany