New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Dodge newbie...kinda.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
PapaG
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dodge newbie...kinda.

New to the forum here (obviously) and this is my first post although I'm sure not my last. I am a recent newbie Dodge owner at the age of 42. I've driven and tinkered with plenty of Dodge vehicles in the past but had never owned one until I bought my 2001 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD. So far I love it. I have always loved this model Dodge Ram being the last year of that particular body style and have been looking for one for a while that was in my price range and wasn't completely ragged out by previous owners. Long story short I finally found one that fit my criteria and well...here I am. Lol. I have already learned quite a bit browsing around through a lot of the threads and there seems to be a great mix of personalities and knowledge here. I'm sure I will learn a lot and hopefully have something of my own to add to the mix. I have several minor "projects" planned for my new toy in the future so I'm sure I will have plenty of questions.
As far as myself personally I'm a father of 4 wonderful kids (ages 6 to 20) and one awesome little grandson...so far. My background is in mechanical trades and industrial repair/engineering (minor stuff) but have also done plenty of auto mechanic work as well as remodeling/contracting. Jerk of all trades and master of none, thats me! Lol. Was forced to semi-retire (translation: forced disability) from my job of 18 yrs due to a severe hearing loss (deaf as a brick without my hearing aids) so now I do contracting work as well as pester the crap out of my kids on more of a full time basis.
Well enough about me!
Later guys!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard PapaG! Don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: Ram for stuff related to your ride.

Quick Reply: Dodge newbie...kinda.