New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Jayhall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Canada

Hey all, just wanted to drop in and say hi. New owner of a 05 Ram 2500 HD. Came across this site while searching for a double din dvd player solution. Im very attatched to the ipod display and easy to use touch screen that comes with it. Anyhow this seems like a good place for information, as I found what I was looking for once already!

I got this truck for work purposes, as of November I became the highest seniority driver with my company and was asked to put a tidy tank in my truck and haul diesel fuel to the job sites everyday for our trucks.

This is the day I bought it on the lot:

Name:  378149_10151088406675578_847300989_n.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  43.9 KB

And this is being put to work at home. I also do snow removal, you cant see it but there is a plow on the quad:
Name:  399503_10151177368875578_527230577_22534429_942725938_n.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  55.9 KB

I look forward to learning as much as I can about my new to me truck! And sorry if this gets to long but I am not a newb to forums and I know what my favorite introduction threads look like. Like I said this is my work truck/DD, my real passion is my 89 Supra. I have done an extensive amount of work on it including a motor swap, single turbo conversion,full recaro interior, new paint and much much more.

Name:  highdef.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  DSCF1473.jpg
Size:  138.6 KB

As you can see I am no stranger to boosted inline 6's and Im seriously stoked that those are all I own and drive now. The car has a 67mm turbo on it and makes 380 RWHP @ 15psi. The engine bay shot is out of date as I have recently relocated the battery to the trunk and added a water/meth kit so I can safely turn up the boost to a fun 25-30 psi.

Just incase anyone was wondering, this is what I do for work:
Name:  VOLVO-A25D.jpg
Size:  60.7 KB

Anyway, hope I didnt waste to much time of your life. Thanks for reading and Ill see you on the forums!

-Daryl

Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard Jayhall and great pictures! I love the "tonka toy" picture!

Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 PM
89newbie
Captain

Welcome, as far as your write up being too long it is Fantastic! As we grow and age our interests change and it is so cool to see the Supra, which is a great car and you have done a fantastic job on it. Thanks again for your fantastic post!. LOL I know that bug that produced that Supra mods will bite you on your Ram, bet we see Brush guards lights and other changes over the next few years.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Jayhall

thanks guys. 89, you are righter than rain dude. I was looking at my tires the other day and thought "I need new ones, those are way to small" So my buddy is pricing out a 4" and 6" lift for me and I am going to buy some 35" Toyo open country m/t's as I have a friend at their warehouse local to me. I was also eyeing up some rock sliders that have side steps built onto them. So yea there are some mods coming once I sell my 98 Tacoma. Right now Ive got a lot of my money tied up but when I do start modding the theme of my truck will be practibility as it is a daily money maker for me. And I still want to safely tow my car to and from the race tracks around the PacNW.

Vpnavy, can you beleive I get paid to do that?!?! I have to pinch myself once and a while. Ive got some videos I shot with my gopro if you are interested Ill find somewhere to post them

Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 AM
89newbie
Captain

O.K. now the question is how do you have time to work and keep all your stuff so clean? The car I understand, the new truck Ok, the yellow work machine looks like new !

Old 01-23-2012, 08:43 AM
vpnavy
All Star

I agree with 89newbie - how in the world do you keep those pups so clean! We are up in "coal country" and have a coal company right down the road. Those "tonka toy" trucks are simply (size) amazing - I don't know how you guys can handle something that big. I bet it must feel strange when you climb back into your RAM after spending a day moving earth. Looking forward to seeing our vids.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Jayhall

Well that volvo isnt my actual work truck but yes that one is new. Ours look like they work everyday. But they do clean up nice like that with the help of a fire hose and an hour. At the end of the day I make the switch from volvo to dodge very easily. Im just used to it now, but 5 years ago when I was green I would go from Volvo to my toyota tacoma, now that was a hilarious difference. The only thing I notice now is sometimes I want to be in the middle of the lane as the drivers seat is centered in the volvo. Car and Truck, yea I like to keep my stuff looking good as possible, even if that means going to a car wash for a quick rinse every day or two. Or wash before each drive with the car

Last edited by Jayhall; 01-24-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 AM
otgarzà
Captain

Welcome to the forums! and man oh man are those some beautiful cars...really diggin what youve done with the supra. I wish i could keep my durango that clean....maybe i gotta go to the car wash as often as you lol.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 AM
89newbie
Captain

It is necessary to clean them regularly here. SALT eats them up if you don't. I take mine to the car wash all the time 1st I clean the frame and bottom as well as I can I spend an additional 5 bucks for a pass thru in the touchless stall, that does the entire truck. I took the 89 for oil and filter because of the weather. THe two old guys that run the place were amaized at the condition.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Jayhall

good up keep is important if you want to get your moneys worth as far as Im concerned!

Quick Reply: New guy from Canada