New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

dodge man needs help

Old 02-18-2012, 08:39 PM
cobbler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge man needs help

I am new here been attempting to fix my trucks transmission. I have a 2001 Dodge ram 1500 2 wheel drive with a 5.9 magnum. It is an automatic. The gear will not shift from first to second until I let off the gas. I get high rpm's. I have changed out the pressure sensor, the control solenoid,the rear abs sensor,the front transmission speed sensor, I have installed a new trans. Filter with atf 4 fluid. I have checked the transmission relay and still nothing. I am lost can anyone help. The truck only starts in nuetral and park so the linkage is fine.

Last edited by cobbler; 02-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard cobbler! Stay tuned - a Technician (or member) will jump in shortly to provide a possible solution. In the meantime, don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: 2nd Gen Ram (1994-2001) for stuff related to your ride.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

Sorry you haven't gotten an answer for the problem you are having. Your could be a few, Throttle valve pressure cable(TV), The front band adjustment too loose, from either a strut bent or missing, seals in the transmission or valve body. The engine should only be starting in park or neutral. The 2nd Gen Ram section does have a member who is a transmission tech, That member could be on vacation. Did you check the band adjustments before you put the pan back on? I hope this helps, anytime you have a question on the forum. Its okay to contact a moderator and ask for help. Thats why we are here, it may take a day, but you will get an answer. Just so you know I will delete the other post in new members ( transmission trouble).

Old 02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Rango318

are you sure that you are shifting into second gear? My Durango started this problem a few days ago, and i realized that when i let off the gas, it skips second all together and jumps right to third gear.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
cobbler

yes it is going into second,but only after I let the rpm's go past 2000 then let off the gas and it shifts, every now and then it will slip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dodge man needs help