New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newest Dodge Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Total_War
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newest Dodge Owner

Hello everyone

Thought I would drop a line to introduce myself

I just recently switched off a 1993 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L 4x4
Had many wonderful years driving it. Started at 165,000 KM. Currently sitting at 287,500 KM. Done all the Mechanics and services myself.

Just bought myself a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.2L Off-Road Edition
Got it for $6500 CDN. Took it for inspection and it passed with flying colors. Truck has 156,000 KM on it. I'm the Third owner.
Compression test on the motor gave out 140-145 PSI across all cylinders.
Not a leak to be found or Rust anywhere.
Test Drive proved perfect. Transmission in Great shape, no Slippage or weird shifting. Look Forward to pulling my Bay Liner with it and heading to the lakes this summer for some good fishing, not to mention the camping.

Think I got one hell of a deal
Taking it in for a complete overhaul on the Spark Plugs, Cap, Rotor, Spark Plug Wires
Differentials are fully serviced. Just went to my Amsoil Dealer and picked up 12L of ATF Synthetic Fluid. Going to service the Transmission next week with a Full Flush. Going to remove the Check Valve near the Cooler lines since this seems to be the primary reason for Transmission Failure and it getting gummed up and then no fluid going into the tranmission cooler.
Going to do the Oil Change myself with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic/Mobil 1 Oil Filter plus Engine Flush from SeaFoam.
Plan on going with a Cold Air Intake shortly, help get the Power Up. Then I've Been debating about going with a Hemifever Tune SCT on the computer. Going to put some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Lights in it, Maybe update to HID in the Future.
Need to get my Haynes/Chilton Repair Manuals for the truck. Already downloaded the Service and Parts Manuals off the Forum
Got lucky and the truck came with the Owners manual in the glove box. No Check Engine light on the Dash.

Pretty damn excited over this. Been waiting to get this truck since I first seen them in 2000-2001. Wasn't to impressed with the switch over to the 2002 Design.

Anyways, thats my Introduction and look forward to using this forum for posting on help and various items.
My First question is what is the Year Round Oil I can use on this engine?? Im guessing 10w30 is the way to go. 5w30 in the Winter if the temperature drops below -20c.
Seems like it has Remote Start with the Signal Reader I found behind the mirror. Can't miss the Blinking Blue Light on it lol. Just no Remote from the Dealer I got it from. Going to have to do some hunting I think.
Going to post some pics once I get the truck home tomorrow.

Cheers guys

Last edited by Total_War; 02-28-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
In case you didn't know, The forum is also a jeep forum too. Glad you found your way to the dodge forum. There is a lot on information to share and a lot of other sections you can visit too. If you have any questions, Just send a pm.

Quick Reply: Newest Dodge Owner