New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Married to my Ram for 16 months and this is my story

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
woodsmaneh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Married to my Ram for 16 months and this is my story

Hi guys well been living with my new truck some time now and had some fun things happen, dealer put new rims on and one came off at 70 in a corner, more on that later. Went through 4 dealers to find a good one but happy camper now. Just going to post some of the things that I have been through with this truck. I have to say I am happy with the truck and would buy another tomorrow. I have the quad cab with hemi, 3.94's in the rear(I think), 4x4. Bought the truck new last october 2010 from a large dealer in Kanada,home of the sen's hockey team. Nice people but when anything went wrong they were no where to be found. (service manager, nothing to say)

well I got my truck and after 4 months my chrome bumpers were rusting, went in and they said Service manager was on vacation come back in 2 weeks. So I did and he agreeded they need to be replaced and he would call me as they had 8 on order. So 2 months later I stop in and he says wait another month as they are still shipping bad ones? Ok after 6 months of dicking around they replaced them. They look great and no issues.

I noticed my mileage was real low and worse than my chevy with the 383 in it, yes for real. Spoke to service and they laughed and said welcome to hte hemi club. Every time I went in I mentioned I was getting about 600km to a tank. More laughing from service. I stopped saying anything and just figured I would live with it.

So I get the recall on the rear end and call to get it done. Go in they put my truck on the hoist and discover they don't have the parts. Back home I go. Make a new appointment to get it done and an oil change. Go in they do the work give me the truck back. All done I asked and yup she's all done. Get my paperwork and leave. Sitting in the lot I look at the paper work and see they did not do the recall work but they did the oil, I have to mention here they said it would be most of the day and no loaner for you but we will rent you a car so I did rent it. Now after renting a car, moving my day around and this is the second time in to get the work. They did not do it! No **** they said they did but they did not. I was so pissed I went in and they told me they did not have the parts again! I was getting very hot at this point and the SM comes out with some bull**** story and he will look into it. off he goes and 15 min. later he left the dealership? So this lady service adviser said just a min and I will see what's up. She comes back and it's lunch time, she says I have your parts and I pulled a guy off lunch and he will do the work right now. I was impressed with her and she took the time and fixed it. So I'll go back it worked out. Now I am still having trouble with mileage, and my truck is acting wonkey, smoke pours out on start up runs ruff. Take to the dealer and he fixes it,bad spark plug on#7. Sorry but I started laughing at him and said really what's up. Stone face he says spark plug. I get in the truck and drive away. Get home and in the morning same issue, started throwing codes, rough idle smoke. (so I live with this for a couple months) Spring comes and time for some nice new rims and skins, so off to the dealer to get them. Great price! They get them in and call me to put them on. WOW is all I can say they look better than a cold beer on a hot day. So I'm driving down the highway and going around a corner about 70 to 80 and without warning (no wobble nothing) the back drivers wheel comes off, into the ditch I go. Call the dealer, they give me a loaner fix my truck (1,200.00) and that's it. I go into the SM office and he will not say anything to me nothing. I never want back. Ram sent me a survey and I blasted them but never heard anything back.

So now I got a truck that gets 600km to a tank and the dealer is an idiot. So I drive to a small town about 40 min from my house and I got to tell you these people know how to treat a customer. All Ram service people should have to go there to see how it's done right. The dealer in Smiths Falls Ontario is a Star!! MY truck was screwed up still and they said they would get it fixed. too 6 weeks but they kept renting a Ram for me. They paid for it, it was not there truck they gave me. So they replaced /7 injector but that did not work, they replaced the ECU and the injector controler, they had a Ram tec for the day and still no fix. But I got a nicer truck to drive from them so I`m good. I 3,000km on it. The decided to put a jumper from the injector to the battery of something, red wire running across the motor and to the firewall. I drove it for 5 days and it worked. Turned out to be a pin hole in the wiring harness where it goes down by the transmession. Now I get 750 km+, and have some new friends at the dealership. So they ordered the new harness and were going to install it on a Monday. I show up and guess what, no part!!!! I`m cursed... but just a second, the SM says she is very sorry and here is READY FOR THIS $40.00 for gas and we will come and get your truck when the part comes in and leave you a loaner. When it`s fixed they returned my truck and picked up the loaner.

I can`t tell you how happy I am to have a great truck and a dealer I really like going to and giving them my money. So at Christmas they changed the oil and I walked about a mile down the road to buy some gifts. I walk in and the SM says why didn't you call us we`ll come get you. I love these people and my truck is fine.

So it all went from crap to gold because of a real good dealer who gets it done.

Some more stuff next post

Woods

Quick Reply: Married to my Ram for 16 months and this is my story