New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

help me please! desperate!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:30 AM
krupaeric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me please! desperate!

wow! untill today it thought i was on my own to figure out all my problems with my 1st gen durango. if any one can help, advise would be greatly appreciated. a little over 2 months ago i bought my first dodge. a 1998 dodge durango 5.2 v8 4x4. its got some character to it. a little rust and alot of fixin needed. when i bought it. the guy who sold it to me said " oh yea shes a great truck all ya need to do to make her perfect is get yerself a new head unit" whata load of crap. i want to puch him in his face. what a f,ing liar. he sold me a lemon. and theres nothing i can do about it. i bought it for 3 grand. and i have already dumped over 2 grand into it trying to get it all fixed. i had to have all the ball joints replaced. all of the controll arm bushings. all the shocks and struts. the inner and outter tie rod ends. the alternator a new battery. a water pump. a throttle positioning sensor. tranny speed sensor. the tranny coolant line and the tranny radiator. i had the kick down band adjusted and the tv cable adjusted. i had to get all new bearings and seals put into the rear end cuz they started grinding shortly after i bought it. all new brakes all the way around. new spark plugs cables cap and rotor. i could keep going on. but im not. this sucks. the damn truck has spent more time on the jack than on the road. and now im having a power draw issue. i park it in the morning coming home from work at 730 am and when i head out to work at 10pm the battery is completely dead! so now im forced to drive my wifes van to work. UGH! like i said i replaced the alternator and the battery. and i also redid the ground. im starting to want to run this thing over with my k25 dozer. thats how upset i am. its constantly been giving my greif. and i also cant figure out why my damn tranny still slipping. if anyones got any kind of advise im open for it. running out of patience with this thing. and im past the point of being able to sell it. cuz like i said i got over 5 grand into it. and its only worth 3. so please help me. this things got a hornet remote starter on it. and it looks like the previous owner installed it. should i just take the power wire for it out of the fuse panell and see if thats my issue or not. also with the radio being all ****ty. theres no display showing. and it sounds like crap comming out of the speakers. the volume keeps varrying and it crackles sometimes. the speakers are all new and i know there not the issue cuz i took the door pannells off to make sure they were wired correctely. oh this truck stresses me out something feirce. please. help!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Have you posted in the 1st Gen Durango section?

Quick Reply: help me please! desperate!