New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Need some tranny help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 AM
kbsheppard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tranny help ASAP

Hi,I have an 03 Dodge 3500 5.9 automatic.. In route to KY with a loaded 40ft gooseneck and currently in cullman,AL ..
Tranny been slipping today mainly in low gears, hi gear too but not as bad,, can roll 70 mph on interstate,, all the gears seem to be there. thinking maybe the converter going out..shifts around 2500 rpm and drops to around 1900 rpm... just came off I65 and got a hotel.. ran ok on interstate.. but barely moved in parking lot.. really need to get load delivered friday..not familiar with this area as i am passing through..any idea of problem? cost to repair? time frame? good shop? any help,advice would be appreciated..Not broke,just broke down..
me.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Have you check the fluid level and if so what is the condition of the fluid. Dark in color and smell burnt? And did the check engine light come on? I don't know what the shops in your area charge for any repairs. You can try calling a rental place and get a truck to finish your delivery, this way a shop can look at the problem you are having with your transmission.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:44 AM
kbsheppard

Fluid level is good, checked it today.. took it to the dealer couple months back and had transmission serviced..

Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 AM
kbsheppard

did seem kinda dark, didnt really notice the smell of the fluid..not sure if renting a truck is an option since its hired truck under dot regs..

Quick Reply: Need some tranny help ASAP