New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Having engine trougles...need help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 PM
dbritton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having engine trougles...need help.

I just bought a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7L Hemi. I'm having troubles with it and I seem to be getting the run-around from the dealership. Occasionally when I stop, the engine idle drops and the engine stalls. The check engine light does not come on and the power (radio, fans, etc) are not affected. The dealership first said the transmission filters needed replaced. They did that and it stalled pulling out of their parking lot. Then they said it needed an update to the computer. They did that and it still stalls. All the research I have done so far points to the TPS (throttle position sensor). The problem with this is, the Hemi HAS NO TPS. I really need some help. If anybody has any ideas, please throw them my way. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
hillbilli
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i had my 03 it would do the same thing, but a PCM flash fixed that. Try taking out and cleaning your throttle body. Its a good place to start.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:17 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would ask the dealer to do a flight recording and have the dealer ask star center to help out the tech.

Quick Reply: Having engine trougles...need help.