New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Shadow ES 3.0 Trans Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Mr.BiggNJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shadow ES 3.0 Trans Problem

Hi,
I have a 93 Shadow ES 3.0. I’m having a transmission problem. Most of the time the car is ok. Sometimes when I go to drive it, it won’t get out of first gear. I shut it off wait a few minutes start it back up and it will drive fine. Shifts gears at all the right points no slipping or anything. I park come back out start it up, won’t get out of first gear. I changed the speed sensors and the shift solenoid. It still does the same thing. I will drive perfectly fine for a week or so and then it will stop shifting. Is the trans shot or is there anything else I can try before looking for a new trans?
Thanks

Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
The transmissionis going into limp in. The best way to find out whats going on with the transmission is to pull codes out of the TCM. You will find the blue connector near the fuse box door. That connector is for the transmission and ABS. The connector under the hood is only for the spec or PCM.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Mr.BiggNJ

Thank you! I will try and get the codes and see whats up.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Mr.BiggNJ

I am having difficulty finding someone who can read the codes. Do you think it would be worth for $80 to change the computer? It would cost just as much for someone to just read the computer. I have changed the speed sensors, the shift pack, the fluid (replaced with fluid from dealer), I changed a loose motor mount. It still goes into limp mode. IT can be in limp mode when I first start it. I shut it off wait and restart and then it will be ok.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You need the dealer to check for your transmission codes. Have them write down the codes, CVI and perform a clutch test. They should know how to do all the things i have writen. And if they don't know how, let me know and give me the phone number and i'll call them.

Quick Reply: Shadow ES 3.0 Trans Problem