New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New proud RAM owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 10:20 PM
rracer5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New proud RAM owner

New proud RAM owner here and new to DF also. I was looking to upgrade to a diesel in preparation to retire and commence full time Rv'ing. I had been a Chevy owner (cars and trucks) all my life. I was a little leary about the Duramaxs' injector problems once they achieved higher mileage. I had no worries about the Allison transmissions however. The Cummins TD was not an issue for me however, the Dodges' auto transmission was. I did like the styling of the RAMs. But, once I learned about the new 68RFE HD 6 speed I was sold so, here I am !!

Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
All new comers are welcome, doesn't matter if you own a chevy or a ford. The new 68RFE transmission almost looks like a allison transmission.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 AM
rracer5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by master tech
Welcome to DF
All new comers are welcome, doesn't matter if you own a chevy or a ford. The new 68RFE transmission almost looks like a allison transmission.

Thanks Master Tech. Hey, while I got you here, I want to go with synthetic oil, what do you recommend for the 2011 CTD? I know conventional diesel spec oils are 15W-40 but most synthetics are 5W-40. Is the 5W-40 ok to use in the CTD?

Quick Reply: New proud RAM owner