New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to the forums!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:31 AM
DjAaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums!

Hey all I am new to the forums but not to cars lol. We have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT Crew 3.5L and we love the car except for some issues.

So far I have done a few upgrades to it that really helped the car breath a lot better. I have put a K&N intake system on it from the 2010 Avenger 3.5 and modded it a little to fit better. I also got rid of the "suit case" mufflers on it and put magnaflows on instead. That gave it a really nice growl and lost a good amount of weight on the tail end. I also replaced the stock T pipe for the rear mufflers to the proper Y style pipe. This dramatically helped the car get to speed better and seemed to make the motor way calmer at idle. We also put a billet grill on the front to help it look a tad better lol

So far the car is great besides the brake issues and a transmission whine we are still fighting the dealer about.

Other then that we like the car and plan on doing some more things to it in the near future.

Near future mods:
20" wheels
Limo tint on rear and a shade less on the front
Transmission cooler (if doesn't void warranty)
Slotted rotors ( have them but need pads now)
H&R lowering coils ( only if the 20" wheels don't fill the wheel well)

Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Be sure to show some pictures of your ride.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Morty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Troubles

Hi all, Im new to the forums and looking for some advice. I have a 2008 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel. A few upgrades, H&S performance mini max tuner with DPF delete and an AFE intake. Nothing special but did increase fuel mileage and performance noticibly. My current problem is with the A/C. It blows cold and properly for the first hour or so of a long drive and then for no apparent reason it gets warm and pretty much stops blowing through any of the vents. I can feel a little bit of air coming from the dash vents but nothing compared to what should be blowing out. You can hear the fan moving air inside the dash and the fan and air speed change when you move the fan switch but cant feel it blowing out anywhere. Tried moving the vent selector switch but it didnt change anything. I had it recharged and it blew cold while i was at the shop but you know how that goes, as soon as you drive away it acts up and when you bring it back its fine. Pretty anoying if you ask me. Someone mentioned to me that the diesel has a vacuum pump which runs the blower doors and some other vacuum related items and the pump maybe going bad. I dont know to much about it. Any suggestions? Side note, I have also unhooked all the EGR system connections as part of the DPF delete and tuner install. Not sure if there is any relationship to the vacuum system with this. The problem started long after the tuner install. Any input would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: New to the forums!