New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

im new to DF and need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:24 PM
jamesstdenis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb im new to DF and need help

I just recently purchased a 1998 dodge ram 1500 5.2. I love the truck but it died on me the other day while at work. It fired right up I was sitting at an idle and it died. I tried to turn it over again and my gauges said to check gauge so the only thing low was oil I changed out the oil pressure switch not really thinking about it tried to turn it over again but still wouldn't start I pulled plug 1 to see if I was getting fire which I wasn't so I pulled coil wire still no fire from there I bought a coil and still no fire from it in confused on what it is from here its showing no codes I need help please

Old 06-09-2012, 07:57 AM
deadkenr
Rookie

Your best bet would be to post this question in the Ram section. Not many people frequent the New Members area. Of the people who do, not many are expecting to answer questions (this is a place to introduce yourself). In the Ram section, you'd be asking a question where questions are meant to be asked as well as asking a bunch of people who own similar vehicles.

The only thing I can suggest is to stop buying parts until you know how they are supposed to work. The oil pressure switch sends a signal to your oil pressure light / oil pressure gauge and won't keep your car / truck from starting. The coil sends enough electricity down the spark plug wire to create a spark when the proper criteria is met. With no input 'IN', you won't get any output 'OUT'. Please stop throwing parts at the truck, you are wasting money and only making it harder to diagnose what is wrong by adding other areas for problems.

-Good Luck, Ken

Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
jamesstdenis

Thank you.. I've not figured out how to post anywhere's else but in here but thanks for advice and the help

Old 06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
deadkenr
Rookie

Ohhh, here is a link to the Ram section:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-20/

If you go to the Dodge Forum section, you should be able to select from a number of different categories (Trucks, Cars, Classifieds, etc...).

Good luck with your truck, Ken