New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

new to neons

Old 06-10-2012, 12:11 PM
mrpug68
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile new to neons

Hello, I hate talking about my self, but here I go.I've been driving a Neon for about 9yrs.(The little Rally Car) as my wife calls our Neon, just simply how it drives, "fun" easy to drive. I had no idea that neons were a little secret,who knew, I'm going to be doing some work to get Riley back into action.I'm sorry I've got a 2000 Dodge Neon that is bone stock eccept for the tires step above standard, that's it. two leaking freeze plugs and find a oil leak between the head and block(I've read it's a normal thing for the 2.0 s SOHC to seep oil between head & block (as I under stand it) and clear some frame back so the power steering belt won't get chewed and spat out. The car has over 100,000 on the car and engine/ tranny. Automatic. Now i'm not new to hopping up my rides, but that was on a 77 olds. Not to be rude, or not to be a grump, but know it all, "squirrels" as we used to call them. If you've got solid info I don't do (I've heard) I like to see hard proof. Again I'm not trying to be a snob,I just don't like being annoyed. Ok back to the Neon, I'm looking to replace the cat and muffler. to help out with pepping up Riley.The Flow Master 40 series has caught my ear years ago, and has been a addiction noise I hear a flowmaster my world stops for the moment, and my mouth waters. as it did in, 1980 something. Is this muffler to0 free flowing for a 2.0 with a higher flow cat? I know that's a noob question but each engine responds differently. what kind of gains will happen with a free flow filter, and stock pipe 2.0" I think, realisticly? Since I'm not to familiar with the performance aspect on these cars I'm going to be asking nooby questions. what can I do in my drive way for "free" hp. the filter tube, that goes down the inside the fender can that be taken out and not have too much TB sound. Hope this is what you meant about tell us about your self ?
thanks Mike PS. HELLO to MOPAR people

Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

Well Mike, I would either ask the members in the neon or the SRT sections on how to get more performance out of your motor.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM
mrpug68
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll Try looking around in that section And thank you for pointing me in the right direction. If I sounded to much like a dick , sorry, just don't want to waste money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to neons