New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

1st Post - "New" 1st Gen Durango Owner - Raleigh, NC

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 PM
crpthird
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Post - "New" 1st Gen Durango Owner - Raleigh, NC

Just committed to buy a 2001 Durango SLT with a freshly rebuilt 4.7 v-8. 127K miles on the rest of it. Before buying, I spent several days rummaging through the posts on this site to see what issues folks have and how they resolve them with these vehicles.

Courtesy of this site, I have a diagnosis of mass transfer case operation confusional funk - that is now cleared up and I have figured out what transfer case I have (FT4WD/AWD/4Hi/4Lo A/B/C/D/E/F/G) and how it works.

I also deciphered the fan resistor issue because the fan only blew on Hi - got that fixed before committing to buy it. THANKS!

Lurking before buying also confirmed my abysmal gas mileage fears... Glad I only live 2 miles from work - but we needed to be able to move 6+ people around and a mini-van ain't it.

I probably won't be doing many mods as this will be an every other day driver (my Wrangler gets the sunny and lazy days). The Durango gets the bad weather, the long trips and the workhorse jobs... But I'll share the love equally.

Four wheeling is pretty much snow if we get it and outer banks beach runs for surfing - so I don't neeed all those expensive mud boggin' and rock climbing parts....

I look forward to gleaning the knowledge and experience (ie: learning from others mistakes) of the folks on the forums and hopefully I can contribute a few ideas along the way and return some help. For now, my best suggestion is that bondo is also great for repairing rotten wood windows - it ain't just for dented metal!

Wave at me if you pass me. And throw me your spare change for gas!

Ross
Raleigh, NC

Might call her Dee-bus because she will carriy so many people. Or Dinah - 'cause she kills dinosaurs... She'll definitely need a name - but she'll need a little time to show her personality before any name becomes official...

Sugggestions?

Last edited by crpthird; 06-18-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:52 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

You may want to start a post in the 1st Gen Durango section for any suggestions. And drop in and just say Hi.

Quick Reply: 1st Post - "New" 1st Gen Durango Owner - Raleigh, NC