New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New from Northern, VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
NKavounis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Northern, VA

Hello everyone!

I've been thinking about building a 1st gen Dakota small block street/strip truck for a while now and got lucky with a new job as an Executive Assistant for a consulting firm so I can afford the build what I previously could only dream about! I've been browsing the site for a couple days now mostly in the Dakota/1st gen Dakota sub forum and figured I would join considering the amount of info on here. There don't seem to be very many drag trucks, mostly lifted 4x4's but still a lot of v8 swaps. I plan on building a 360 stroked to 408 and either turbo or centrifugal supercharger but I haven't decided which yet. I'm planning on picking up a Dakota end of July or beginning of August and will start a build thread when I do. Could start it sooner if I pick up the engine before I have a truck to put it in, we'll see. End goal is low 10's - high 9 sec 1/4 mile times on 93 octane pump gas and keep it street-able. I come from a Mopar family, My dad has a 75 Duster 440 .030 over (best ET of 10.71) towed by a new RAM 3500, Brother has a 50-trim SRT-4 neon, and my mom drives a 2000 Durango. Nice to meet everyone, can't wait to get this project started.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

I would check the muscle car section. There maybe some information in the section that may help you. Also you should ask question too, the members are very knowledgeable.

Quick Reply: New from Northern, VA