New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

new from across the pond in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Challenger383
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from across the pond in the UK

Hi, new to this forum. i have a 2005 5.7 Durango. Standard apart from it's kitted out to run on lpg and petrol. this is the third dodge i have owned.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:39 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Whats the price of LPG to Petrol (Gas) there in the UK? I know we use 3 grades of fuel and there is a kit for CNG.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:06 AM
Challenger383
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there,

LPG is 50% less than the cost of petrol. unfortunatly we got stuffed big time when the powers that be changed all our measurements from imperial to metric.
So when we got a VAT(sales tax) increase, instead of it going on the cost of a gallon, it went on per liter, so if 2 pence was added to the old gallon, they made it 2 pence per liter....sorry to rant............aggghhhhhh!!!!!!

anyway, the cost of petrol is about £1.35 that's about £6.00 per gallon, (or $9.00 per gallon your side) or thereabouts,depends where you go, we only have 2 grades now 95 and 98 octane, the 98 octane being 6 pence a liter more than reg unleaded. You can get E85, but never used it.
Last time i filled up with LPG it was £0.55 per liter, which is bearable, but the cost of getting the LPG kit installed is expensive,about £2,000, so you have to do a lot of miles to make it worthwhile. the same senario applies to the rest of Western Europe. Some of the low countries such as Belgium, Holland etc, have 50% of all cars that are dual fuel, ie; petrol/LPG.

It is still possible to get leaded petrol, and i believe super leaded petrol (race fuel), mainly at garages near race tracks/drag strips etc, but the cost is about x5 the cost of reg petrol

At some point i will put some photos on of the conversion if your interested.

Last edited by Challenger383; 07-30-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Quick Reply: new from across the pond in the UK