New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to Dodge Forum! Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Traumatizes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to Dodge Forum! Please Read!

Hey my name is Josh and I am completely new to this forum. I don't know too much about cars however, I recently got my drivers licence and I'm starting to know a lot more about them everyday with the help of my brother. I know all the good brands of cars, engine sizes etc... I came across this site because I love muscle cars, especially dodge cars, the Challenger being my favourite and the charger in 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I really like other muscle cars too like the Camaro, Corvette etc... but I just love the way Dodge makes their cars.

As I mentioned before, I recently got my licence and therefore are looking for a car. Now I'm 17 and I want to own a Dodge car however, I obviously can't afford a Challenger or Charger, so I looked for something more affordable. After searching over Neons, Status', and a whole bunch of other cars, I came across the Dodge Stealth. Its the name that got my attention at first because a car with that name must be fast, and I was right. The best trim had a V6 twin Turbo with 320 HP stock, and it was affordable. I was shocked. The look of the car didn't seem to attractive at first glance, but after doing my research and seeing all the mods that can be done to it, I knew I had to have that car. So now I'm saving up at my part time job and hopefully I can get it by next year. I've started making a list of all the things I wanna add to it like a Viper/Venom front bumper, Loud exhaust system (still looking for a good brand) Electronic cut outs (Cuz I want it to be 'Stealthy') a new spoiler (Cuz i really hate the stock one) And a whole bunch of other stuff.

Now I really joined this forum because I wanted to know more about the Stealth. I keep seeing everywhere that its a really good car but because the car had really good technology for something made in the 90s, its gonna need a good mechanic. Now my questions to you car experts is, are there any main concerns with the car that I should know about before buying it? Does anyone own one and can tell me what they like and dislike about it? And finally, what is a good site to get parts for it? I heard carid is good but I would like to know more.

So, now you guys know a little about who I am, and now I wanna know a little more about you (no homo) What I mean is, I wanna know what you guys know about cars and if you could help me build my knowledge about them, especially Dodge cars and their HEMI engines. So ye, thanks for readin', I know it was kinda long and I hope that someone replies soon

Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

The dodge stealth and the mits 3000GT are the same body style, They are good cars when they running. Where you looking into a manual trans or a automatic? I would recommend to start with a 1st gen avenger with a 2.5 engine and a 41TE transmission. Its also a diamond star car as the stealth and the tail lights are almost the same too. This car won't hit you in the pocket book for mods like the stealth would. But thats up to you.

Quick Reply: New to Dodge Forum! Please Read!