New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New here got a ram 1500 issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Butlerreuben
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here got a ram 1500 issue

So truck started shaking at 45 mph, it ONLY shake at 45 and only when i ease the accelerator to 45 if I mash the gas it has no issue. Can coast in gear down a hill to and past 45 no issue.

Things ive tried.

Pitman arm was loos so I changed it.

Had it aligned and tires balanced in a shop. ( could use a new inner and outer wheel bearing on front left side from what the mechanic said, I listened and it does sound a little worn.)

changed the plugs got alot of horsepower back but still doing it.

Mechanic said other than the wheel bearing its a nice truck.

Im just a newbie DIY fixer. I would ahte to take it to the shop and pay and arm and a leg.

I'm also going to check to see if each plug is getting a spark to see if the cap and or plugs are bad as soon as i can get someone to crank it while i watch.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 v8

Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Butlerreuben
Default update

When the O/D off button is pressed the truck does not shake at 45.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going to have to drive it an hour and a half at the end of the month and then drive it 45 minutes back and forth to work.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Butlerreuben

Well, no responses on this issue.

Think I am just going to post my findings maybe someone will get some insight from what I post.

Checked the codes from the check engine light turns out I have no transmission codes only p0300 misfire on all 8 cylinders. Gonna check spark plug gap and go from there.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry I'm late. With overdrive off the truck stop shaking, Then i would think the problem is either the overdrive unit or the torque converter lock up. From now on, i you haven't had any response in two days. Just ask a moderator for help. That why we are here.

Quick Reply: New here got a ram 1500 issue