New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
mleverman9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

So I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500, with a 5.7 hemi. Like an idiot a bought the truck from someone that took the cats off of it. Well there is supposed to be 2 oxygen sensors before and after the cat. Well someone also condensed the 4 oxys into 2. The truck is running too rich. The oxygen sensor is running in a constant open loop. I really dont want to have to spend a lot of money putting cats back in the truck. Im about to change the front oxygen sensor over to an oem one to see if that does anything. I was wondering if anyone has taking the cats of there truck and was able to make it run okay, or am i going to be forced to put them back in and re wire for the 4 oxygen sensor. Any input would be appreciated!

thanks mark

Old 09-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Countryboy_4_life
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to Dodge Forum

anytime sensors are removed problems are going to be caused. as far as I'm aware, unless there is some way to trick the computer using some sort of tuner (and then there still migh be performance issues to deal with) the only way to fix it is to put back what is supposed to be there.