New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Throttle position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
mstamrs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Throttle position sensor

ok, new to forums, so excuse me if I do this wrong. Here is the situation that I have gotten myself into. 2008 dodge grand caravan ( wifes not mine). 2 weeks ago I changed the spark plugs and used sea foam to clean the intake. ran fine until a couple of hours later. Van started with bad Idle, check engine light, ignition light( lightning bolt)and no power. turn off engine and restart, everything is fine for a short period of time, then it does it again. Used laptop to check for codes and had code for mass air flow sensor, so I put in a new one. Then the o2 sensors would both cut off when the problem starts. I changed both o2 sensors. changed plug wires. Car runs fine now, but the engine light and ignition light cant be cleared and now has code p0123( throttle position sensor voltage high). The tps is at 100% even when not running. Checked tps wires and 2 wires read 5 volts(100%) when not plugged into tps. Does anyone have any ideas? I would hate to buy new throttle body if not needed.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
At this point, i replace the TPS. The sea foam may have gotten into the sensor and shorted the circuits. Be sure to post in the minivan section if you still have any problems.

Quick Reply: Throttle position sensor