New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi stuck in 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 AM
westgbwoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi stuck in 4x4

I have a 2008 Ram 2500 HD stuck in 4x4 high...when the
truck was brought in the 4 wheel drive light will not
go out..tryed rolling it into 2wheel drive but didnt work
. also tryed reading the codes and there is no. communication with scanner..i notice the front axle
u-joints are starting to make noise but i was wondering
if there is anyway to test the motor or pulling the
motor off and manually put the truck in 2wheel drive
or if there is any solution...truck is electronic 4x4 with the
switch on the dash

Old 01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
westgbwoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided last night to take the 4x4 motor out to see if i can manually get the truck in 2 wheel drive and that worked...no more 4 wheel drive lights on or flashing ..the only light that was on still was the service 4wheel drive light (probily because i had the motor unpluged toi) and the engine light (still cant communicate) so i was trying to find a wiring diagram to bench test this motor when i looked over and seen a crack in the case...hmm i wonder...pulled the alluminum case apart and yup i think i found the problem...there is noo way that motor or gears were turning at all....im not sure how this thing ended up with a crack in the case im just glad i didnt have to dig as deep as i thought i was going to....orderd new motor from dealer as i couldnt get an aftermarket one and my old one couldnot be rebuilt because the case is cracked....will try new one on monday and hopfullythis is the only problem and not one of those problems that has a combination of problems that like to exercise your brain to the point you wanna pull your hair out ....(i actually like a good challange tho and will take any wiring problem or diagnostic issue and take my time and find the problem lol(

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi stuck in 4x4