New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to Dodge, auto shutdown issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM
stephwalker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to Dodge, auto shutdown issue

Hi there, I am new to Dodge and new to having to address my own vehicle problems. I am a newly single mom of a 7 and 10 year old and their dad is an ex-ASE master tech, but doesn't always willingly help me with car issues anymore since we separated (go figure). So, here is my issue. I have a 99 Dodge Intrepid (3.5? not the bad 2.whatever one) that I've had for about 3 months now. I got it for a song because it had a weird transmission issue that the ex fixed when we went to look at it by replacing a single relay something or other (told you I was not automotively inclined). So on cold days, once the car is started, it shuts down automatically about 10 minutes after it is started and you have to remove the key and count to about 20-25, and then it will start back and that is the only time it will do it that day (even if it gets very cold again and hasn't been started in 6-8 hours). BUT, the next day it happens again. Mostly it is annoying, but sometimes dangerous if there is not a place to pull off. Previous owner said it has done this for years (if not forever). This has got to be a simple fix...right

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM
go-part
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you know of a way for you to test the fuses and relays in your car, that would be a good first step in figuring out what the problem is

Quick Reply: New to Dodge, auto shutdown issue