New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello Everyone new here :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 PM
ixl4
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone new here :)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Name's Marcin and I just bought a 2007 Dakota. It's a SLT Quad cab w/ the 4.7 V-8.

I got it with 54K miles and traded in my Marauder for it.

I am in the car business and love love love cars. I've been doing it for about 12 years now and have had about 25 personal vehicles and probably driven thousands of all kinds of makes and models. I like all different types of vehicles but I have NEVER had a pickup truck.

I didn't want to go with a full-size one, and a ranger (etc) was too small in case I want to take my 2 little ones and the wife along for a ride.

I decided the Dakota with the V-8 would be perfect size wise and still had to some ***** to tow and such.

I will be getting to know the truck in the coming weeks and am really excited about it. Only thing I notice right off the bet is that at idle in park, I feel some shaking. As soon as I give it a little gas it goes away.

I am guessing it could be anything from a need for a tune to engine mounts.

Anyway, glad to be a part of this board and looking forward to learning learning learning from you all.

Only thing different from the pictures above is before I picked it up I had the dealer throw in a line-x. Bed looks awesome with the over-the-rail spray in.

Attached Thumbnails Hello Everyone new here :)-c360_2013-03-08-10-54-32_zps4a4e758e.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF! Nice looking Dakota. I miss mine every day. Head over to the 3rd gen Dakota section. Lots of great info there. Your shaking is common for the 4.7. Sometimes getting the correct plugs corrects the problem. I know those motors prefer plain old copper plugs. Post your question in the 3rg gen section (or search first). You'll get plenty of good answers.