New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newb checking in

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
erie_one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb checking in

Hello all. Just picked up my first new Dodge a couple weeks ago. Almost 500 miles so far on a 2013 Laramie quad cab. Nicest truck I have ever owned this far. I have to admit I have always owned ford & chevy so I'm kind of out of the loop on the new rams. I have owned 10 new vehicles in the last 5 years between the wife and I, so this time I drove them all and bought what I enjoyed / liked the most. It was a tough pill to swallow admitting I liked the ram the best. But, so far I absolutely love this thing more each time I get behind the wheel. Hopefully I can stop the madness and keep this one for a while. Still waiting on my integrated brake controller to show up. Looking at getting a cap and some weather tech liners ordered soon. Dealer threw in some side steps and mud flaps. Not sure how to upload pics here yet...

Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! Be sure to check out the Ram sections.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:20 PM
taskaggs
Default Newb as well

Hi, I'm a newb as well, been driving GM vehicles exclusively for 20+ years, and a mix of Fords and GM's since 1985, (damn I'm getting old). I'm writing because of the integrated brake controller. If you are planing on installing yourself, you will not like the fastener on the forward upper bracket...it's a genuine P.I.T.A., took me 2 hours to install everything, and over 1.5 hours was that one fastener. I will say, this is the best trailer braking system I have ever used in my life...don't know what you are trailering, or how often, but I trust you will be pleasantly surprised. I now look forward to taking the camper on weekend trips.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:02 PM
1ATony
Former Vendor

Welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Newb checking in