New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Member Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 07:44 PM
90dakotaconvertible
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Here

Hello to everyone. Since dodgetrucks.org and dodge truck world isn't active I figure I would try here since they have a forum dedicated to 1st Gen Dakotas. Anyways, my ride I just recently bought is a 90 Dakota Sport Convertible 2wd with 94,828 miles. Before I bought it sat for four years in storage and now my plan is drive it the 3 seasons to partially retire my other daily drive that has 151k miles on it

The Dakota is Colorado Red with Bucket Seats has the 3.9L V6 and A500 (42RH) automatic transmission. Need somes love as a caliper just froze on me triggering the ABS and Brake lights in the instrument cluster driving home this weekend after only driving about a 100 miles with it so far. That being said I'll post photos later. Take care.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:23 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

You will find the members in any of the Dakota section are very helpful. And if you can't find the answers to your question, just send a pm.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF! Be sure to check out the 1st gen Dakota section.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:14 PM
mopar_guy
Amateur

Welcome! Would love to see some pictures of that Convertible.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:18 AM
90dakotaconvertible
Rookie

Thanks guys. Now time to tackle the brakes. That's not going to be cheap since it wasn't driven much and need everything including axle seals. I still haven't rolled over 95k miles. It didn't have the original belts but, I did replace the usual maintenance items. Still need to change the transmission filter and fluid. Also, need to order another fog lamp. Painted the grille and headlight bezels back to black. Pictures to be posted soon I hope.

Quick Reply: New Member Here