New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hey look, it's another forum noob, come to pick your brains and, ask dumb questions

Old 08-23-2013, 04:18 PM
redlineman69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey look, it's another forum noob, come to pick your brains and, ask dumb questions

Hey guys, names Paul, I'm new to the forums. I'm from Cincinnati Ohio. I have a 1987 Dodge Ram pickup and, a 96 Ram Van. If you can't dodge it, Ram it...lol. Anyway, I need to put a new rear end int the van,(5 lug 15 inch wheel) having a little trouble finding one with a reasonable price that isn't a 100 miles away. I have seen some that are from 4wd trucks and was wondering if those would fit, or if someone close would have the parts I need for cheap. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a good rear end that I can just bolt up and go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by redlineman69; 08-23-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:14 AM
malden dodge

I don't know a lot about vans but your answer to that question is sitting in your driveway. measure the axle under your truck. measure center to center on the pads and measure the width on the axle. the thing with 4x4 axles is it might be a 4.10 gear ratio witch will not be to good for the mpg. just something to keep in mind when hunting for one.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:05 PM
redlineman69

Thanks MD, but I guess I didn't explain, my truck isn't 4wd so the only thing that would say is if truck rear ends will fit a van, which I'm pretty sure it will. Someone told me yesterday about putting a (I'm gonna catch hell on this, but they are easier to find) Chevy rear end in it, supposed to be an adapter for the U-joint and boom. My apologies to any offended Dodge purists out there.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

SACRILEGE! You shall be Drawn and Quartered, and then burned at the steak. (how do you like your steak done? )

As said before, measure center to center on the mounting pads, see if it matches up to the trucks. (I think it does.) Should be an easy swap.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 PM
1ATony
Former Vendor

Welcome to the site

Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

I'd imagine them being able to swap over but like it was said with the 4wd trucks possibly being geared different will effect gas mileage.

Last edited by daksnbeers; 08-27-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey look, it's another forum noob, come to pick your brains and, ask dumb questions