Go Back  DodgeForum.com > General > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

New Indy 500 owner

New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Indy 500 owner

Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Indy Ram 96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Indy 500 owner

Hi, I'm new here from Kentucky and my dad owns a 1996 Dodge Ram Indy 500 with 192,000 miles, Just joined to look up cool mods that he and I may want to do to his truck (Which will hopefully be mine when I get my license in 5 months, doubt it but I can dream lol) I'm only 17 btw. Anyway about the truck, my dad traded one of his cars for it about 3 months ago, it has a brand new set of tires worth more than the entire car he traded even for the truck haha. The truck is all stock minus the mirrors and front bumper valance thing being black I'm assuming it was in a small accident, and a $500 line x spray in bed liner, The only thing it really needs is new carpet and a new dash pad after that is done he'll have a whooping $1800 tied up in it,including the cost of the pos he traded for it. He was also wanting to put a dual exhaust on it, If anyone could recommend some that sound good with the 5.9 that'd be awesome and an entire new sound system, If he decides to keep it, he was also considering selling it. I don't have any pics of the truck yet but it's just a typical Indy 500 ram without the door graphics.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:20 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome to DF! And congrats on the new ride. That was a pretty good deal on that truck.

Stroll on over to the second gen ram section, and be sure to read the plenum sticky in the tech section. There is a wealth of information to be had there.

Check out YouTube for various exhaust systems. There are a wealth of vids of many types of exhaust, from mild to wild.

Enjoy!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:32 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to DF!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Jaded
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a cool truck. I tried to buy one in 96 and couldn't get financed. Was somewhere around $20k when it was new.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice truck, Welcome to DF!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Indy 500 owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: