New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

2001 ram 1500 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 PM
summerford2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 ram 1500 wont start

The other day my 1500 5.2 2001 ram died and wouldnt start. After about an hr. of sitting it started and i headed home. It started sputtering like it was out of gas and died. I checked for fuel pressure. Sometimes none and sometimes a little. It would start occasionally then die ten or fifteen minutes later. I changed fuel pump module and cycled the key a number of times. It started and ran a couple minutes then died and will not start. Before everything I scanned for codes and had nothing. It said something to the effect of no powertrain data, no freeze frames or something. I should of had some code pointing somewhere and there should be data in the pcm if I am correct,.

It seems to be electrical in nature. when it dies and wont start I have know gauge activity. No fuel, Volts, Temp. I do have the usual lights. Engine, abs, check gauges, etc. battery cables are good, all connections seem good. what controls power to the fuel pump and also reads the volts temp and fuel level.

Last edited by summerford2; 07-10-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: new information

Quick Reply: 2001 ram 1500 wont start