New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

debated introduction?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 05:02 PM
saskwrench
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default debated introduction?

I know this build im about to do will probably **** some people off on this forum so I would like to make it clear that im doing it because I can find no documentation that its been done before,,also I have the stuff laying around the farm so why not???.. long story is a few years ago I built up a work truck for hauling a trailer around, however I went a little overboard on it and ended up with an amazing big block.. with almost 10,000 dollars into it I figured it will be a great driveline to use in a project,, that project is a 1994 dodge Dakota 2wd reg cab long box,,, however this net part is what may upset some readers,, the driveline im using is a 1991 ford 460 and 4spd auto..bear in mind there is almost 10,000 into this engine trans and computer, eg: cam, propane heads, shaved, milled, bored 20 over, port matched, 429 crank, triple intermedeates, billet clutching, stage 2 shift kit, the truck it was in was a f-250, that ran a 13.56... only once though,, so the entire parts list I need is all in the donor truck,(aside from a custom driveshaft which I will need),,,again not a project I have found anywhere else, I do love my little Dakota but its only a 3.9 so it kind of a disappointment in the power department, so I guess this is my introduction and a quick question?any suggestions about the interior?not sure what to do with it...

Old 11-15-2014, 05:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

You are going to be able to turn that dakota into a pretzel. Gonna have to do some trimming to get that big block to fit in there as well.

I would be tempted to leave the interior/exterior as stock as possible... just to have folks guessing what's REALLY in there.

Welcome to DF! We want PICS!!! of the project you know.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:21 PM
saskwrench
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the most part it going to be trimmed up a lot,, will be basic sheet metal on the outside and that's about it,, figure it should shave off about 500lbs when im done with the body work. will be no inner fender wells either so should fit nicely.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Don't forget the PICS!!!

Quick Reply: debated introduction?