New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New... kinda... sorta...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Gawyn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New... kinda... sorta...

Well, I've posted like eight or so times before on the forum, but I really can't seem to remember what my login was... haven't visited the forum in too long lol. Anyway, if I've posted this before under w/e the hell my old login was, then let's just consider this a recap. I'm 17, live in Baton Rouge, LA, and I am quite fond of Dodge. Chargers, Challengers, Rams, Dakotas, Vipers and all the rest, lovem all. For some reason I have it stuck in my head to get a 1954 Powerwagon eventually... but I still love my first, and current, vehicle. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT SWB Extended Cab 4x2. Red with silver two-tone. Ram's head taillight covers. Dueler HL's (replaced the General Grabbers it had, nearly bald bleh). But most importantly, a 360 5.9L Magnum V8. Original engine and tranny, no major repair work done anywhere on the truck really, despite the fact that it had apparently been in a collision (Carfax is a glorious tool lol), minor dents on my truck =P, specifically a small (palm sized or so), no damage to frame or anything. Bit rough around the edges, what with the dents/dings, some scratches, and some really rough screw holes where the dealer apparently just ripped the toolbox off the bed..., and some pretty big cracks in the windshield, but why would I give a damn about that stuff really? I got a hella bitchin' truck as my first vehicle, it's got a brute of a V8, and it's a Ram. Besides, come Christmas time I'm expecting a new exhuast sys courtesy of my mother, and new windshield after Christmas, also thanks to her. Oh, and new taillights and new chrome ram's head taillight covers to replace my black plastic ones =D. Also may slap a push bar on it too. Already got black/red/white Ram floor mats, and a black and red leather Dodge steering wheel cover emblazoned with Ram heads lol. Thinking of adding black/red Ram mudflaps for good measure. And maybe a large red Ram's head on the back windshield, just so no one gets confused and mistakes me for a dumbf... uh... *cough* ...ord lover. Er... probably a good time to put an end to my ramblings... On a final note, my truck just hit the 150k miles mark. Woot.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Default RE: New... kinda... sorta...

Welcome to DF!............again!

Old 11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great truck. Welcome to DF. That Powerwagon would be an awesome truck to own.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to have you with us!! Welcome back!!

~Amanda

Old 11-03-2005, 06:06 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Carfax is a glorious tool lol

carfax is amazing. Welcome!!

-Matt-

Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome back to the site.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Gawyn

I DO feel welcome lol. Glad to see so many responses.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Disgorilla
Veteran

Welcome to DF,

Old 11-04-2005, 02:01 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome back. Sounds like a lot of fun work ahead. Enjoy.

Quick Reply: New... kinda... sorta...