New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello Dodge fans

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Old Scout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Dodge fans

So my introduction is this. I am a 45 y/o Soldier still serving and currently stationed in Georgia. Married with 3 kids and 3 step kids and 1 granddaughter. Soldiers dont make much and with all these kids money doesnt last long. I love the big lifted 4x4s but have no need for the monsters anymore so now I am staying more practical with my builds. I have owned all the big American made trucks (Ford, Chevy, and Dodge). The Dodge was actually the wife's. It was a 2005 2x4 Himi. I now have a 2010 4x4 ST 4.7L which I just bought a few months ago. I started my first addition to the truck (2.5" leveling kit) and what a pain in the ***. I am starting to regret buying this truck. Maybe someone can convince me differently. I will be seeing you on the tech page I am sure. Stay safe!

Mike S.
2010 Ram 1500 4x4 ST 4.7L (a work in progress)

Old 01-10-2016, 10:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Yeah, check out the 4th gen ram section. Someone there should be able to provide pointers.

Welcome to DF!

Old 01-10-2016, 11:13 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome!!

Old 01-11-2016, 01:07 AM
Bagoftrix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased my first Dodge Ram 1999 1500. Love the truck. It needed a little tlc (plenum plate replacement and tune up) but the truck is in great shape. I want to take the next step and replace the exaust system thinking that the o2 sensors need to be replaced and the catalitic converter is probably due from the time the last owner drove it with the plenum being shot. I want to put headers on it to help it breath better, but the guy who is doing the exhaust work says on this truck I'll just be wasting my money and that it won't make any difference. What do you think? Thanks...

Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Welcome to DF! Really should start your own thread. You want to be in the Second Gen Ram section.

Headers, in and of themselves, will give you a little bit of power, combined with a good, free-flowing exhaust, it isn't a bad idea. In and of themselves though, you probably won't notice much of a difference. HOWEVER, anything ELSE you do to help the motor produce more power will be more effective BECAUSE of the headers. Shorties don't give ya much, long-tubes are better, but, choices are really limited. Not many folks doing aftermarket parts for these trucks any more.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:27 AM
carid
Former Vendor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Mike! Glad to have you here. Forum like this is the best way to make new friends and learn something new about a passion that runs deep.You will be able to find everything needed here!

Quick Reply: Hello Dodge fans