New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

2009 Hemi Challenger - what the heart wants..

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Gordon McDonough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2009 Hemi Challenger - what the heart wants..

I find Jay Leno"s description of his Challenger, "A Gentleman's Hotrod" very fitting. As a teenager I frequented Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove WI to watch the great ones run. Now a senior owner of a Hemi Challenger it's good to get the blood flowing. I'm in my mid sixties and I enjoy a full throttle 0-60 when in the right conditions. I don't encourage street racing but sometimes getting off a light quicker then the next guy is enjoyable as well.

I will be looking at some subtle mods in due time. I'll be looking for recommendatios on expected spak plug life, the data port tuning systems, headers, etc. To my understanding a Pro-Charger may be a bit much for the bottom end of a 5.7L.

I'm not out to build the fastest street machine, but I just can't leave things alone that can be approved. I guess it's part of my engineering background. It'a fun car that I intend to get quite a few years of enjoyment with Dodge infused old school tribute.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Check out the Challenger section.