New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New member from Texas

Old 01-03-2017, 11:55 PM
muddog15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Texas

First thing the email said to do was post something about myself, so here it goes!
I'm currently a Junior in High school and I participate in Ag Mechanics, and want to own a automotive shop of my own someday, hopefully get into restoration later on. Planning on going into the Air Force, and afterwards maybe going to UTI, but I'd prefer finding a shop owner that'd be willing to teach me, as I CANNOT stand sitting in a classroom, . Drives me insane, as I prefer hands on anything.. If you guys can recommend any good technical schools, I'd appreciate it. anyways, moving on. I currently drive a 1991 Dodge Dakota 3.9 and love it! and uh.. I think I'm done here..

Old 01-04-2017, 08:02 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Originally Posted by muddog15
First thing the email said to do was post something about myself, so here it goes!
I'm currently a Junior in High school and I participate in Ag Mechanics, and want to own a automotive shop of my own someday, hopefully get into restoration later on. Planning on going into the Air Force, and afterwards maybe going to UTI, but I'd prefer finding a shop owner that'd be willing to teach me, as I CANNOT stand sitting in a classroom, . Drives me insane, as I prefer hands on anything.. If you guys can recommend any good technical schools, I'd appreciate it. anyways, moving on. I currently drive a 1991 Dodge Dakota 3.9 and love it! and uh.. I think I'm done here..
Get your training in the Air Force. You get paid while you train, get to play with some really cool toys, and learn a skill that actually has an application in the civilian world.

Welcome to DF!

Old 01-04-2017, 04:31 PM
muddog15

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Get your training in the Air Force. You get paid while you train, get to play with some really cool toys, and learn a skill that actually has an application in the civilian world.

Welcome to DF!
yea I'm gonna do that, but if I want to do something else in the civilian world as well, I'd like to know what schooling is available.

Typing on a phone sucks by the way

Old 01-04-2017, 09:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Originally Posted by muddog15
yea I'm gonna do that, but if I want to do something else in the civilian world as well, I'd like to know what schooling is available.

Typing on a phone sucks by the way
I don't have the coordination for that... Give me a REAL keyboard.

Best bet is to check in your area...... Here, we have a technical school that is affiliated with the high school. Juniors and seniors can take classes there. They offer all manner of programs, including auto mechanics.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:19 AM
muddog15

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I don't have the coordination for that... Give me a REAL keyboard.

Best bet is to check in your area...... Here, we have a technical school that is affiliated with the high school. Juniors and seniors can take classes there. They offer all manner of programs, including auto mechanics.
my school is way too small for that... And nearest shop is 20 miles besides the school shop itself. Hell my class is roughly 45 students.. haven't checked in a while.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:55 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Stay away from the large tech schools, unless the Military is going to pay for it. You don't need to blow that much $$$ to get your foot in the door. But DO get some schooling before you go into the field.

The one I went to in the 90s is over 30K now for one freakin year ! Find a state technical college with an auto program.

Last edited by TNtech; 01-05-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Search this Thread