New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Greetings Dodgies!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:55 PM
'89 D100
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings Dodgies!

Hello. I'm glad to have found this forum; now I'm (figuring out) how to post my first ever thread. Can you tell I'm "vintage"?
I am the proud owner of a loverly '89 D100 1/2 ton V6 with only one (main) issue. Can we guess what that might be????
First year of "throttle body" & boy does it suck. I've never had a poorer running vehicle. I've replaced all sensors/done literally everything possible but not having any real luck.
After putting the gas tank back on in the next couple of days (strap went kablooey) with new Bosch pump * strainer, I'm hoping it will improve; not optimistic though.
Next/last option is changing out the throttle body & going with a Carter BBD 2 bbl carb. Anybody had any luck with this? Any tips out there as to what else (pieces/parts) I might need?
I plan on A) low pressure (5-10psi) in-line pump (disconnect the Bosch pump but not the tank level function; B) I expect a different cable connection/ball; C) new carb base gasket; D) reconditioned low cfm BBD from Autoline (already priced)...
Any comments welcome. Thanks for any help or guidance offered.
'89 D100

Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Welcome to DF! You want to be in the First Gen Ram section.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Nate N.
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome..... ...to the Dodge Family.

Quick Reply: Greetings Dodgies!