New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

97 ram 3500 4x4 v 10

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:58 PM
Spencer Cramer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 ram 3500 4x4 v 10

New to form first post I have a 97 Ram 1 ton 4 wheel drive just got back today after six long months of wiring issues. Was chasing a ghost between cam sensor crank sensor coil packs bad ground in wiring etc etc. Come to find out new crank sensor was not good at all it cost hundred and $65 to electrician and took only 2 hours to get it to duplicate shutting off for no reason. Crank sensors and cam sensors are hard to get dealer does not list anymore I found them on Google several hours of looking bought another one and received it in 4 days installed it and lo and behold it runs. Rebuilt the whole top end of motor valve springs all the sensors runs very good very strong now I just need to find a good tuner and tune it I pulled out the stock exhaust put new headers with copper gaskets new catalytic converters two and a half from the front tubes into 4 inch out the back of a Flowmaster and adapted to 4 inch tube to 5 inch tip run smooth if anybody knows a good tuning chip or how to tune this it would be much appreciated this is my first V10 so I am very limited on knowledge as well as many others.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Welcome to DF!

Old 10-06-2018, 07:18 AM
dodgetyfn
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello and welcome.

Quick Reply: 97 ram 3500 4x4 v 10