New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

I'm new here and I have a question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 11:13 PM
99neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm new here and I have a question...

thanks again for all the info. I've got 7mm magnecore wires on my car now and I was thinking of getting iridium plugs when it's time for my next tune up. I'll be getting the PCM this Monday, so I'll let everyone know how it goes after that. I've got another quick question. How much HP gains would I see by putting on a 2.5" Cat back exhaust? I saw a show a while ago where they put 2.5" piping on a honda that only had like 1 3/4" piping to begin with and they only got 5HP gains. I know that the Neon already has 2 1/4" piping, so I was wondering if anyone knew how much of a difference that 1/4" would make in power and torque....I know in the end I would definitely want to put it on, but if the gains are only nominal I was wondering if I should stick with my stock for now and use the money for something that will give me better gains for the price.....

Old 04-23-2004, 11:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm new here and I have a question...

As a rule of thumb, you're not going to find a better "bang for the buck" upgrade than improving/upgrading your intake and exhaust....combined with the PCM, youll be hard pressed to find a safer, cheaper, and more reliable upgrade, somewhere in the area of 10 horses...(take the "advertised" gains with SEVERAL grains of salt....)

Quick Reply: I'm new here and I have a question...