New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Noob!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 06:33 PM
FordDriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob!!

Hey all, I am bored at work and just signed up. I don't drive a dodge but I like to keep up with whats going on in the car/truck world. Lately I am more interested in the truck world since I sold my mustangs for an F150. I loved my mustangs but I must say I like trucks more and I am a truck guy at heart. As far as dodge's go, I am here to learn. I can honestly say that the only thing that impresses me that dodge has out right now is the neon srt-4. Thats just going by what I have seen locally, maybe some of you dodge guys can enlighten me on some new good stuff

Old 04-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Noob!!

There's some old good stuff around too...

Welcome!! Glad to have you. What year is your truck?

~Amanda

Old 04-21-2004, 06:48 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

There's a number of us SRT-4 owners/fanatics here....welcome aboard!!!!

Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 PM
FordDriver

I know there is some good old stuff too, lol! I already know about that though My friend has a '70 cuda with a 440 and another friend had a dart with a 383 and a '71 superbee also. Old mopar kicks ***, lol! The reason I was impressed with the SRT-4 was because I saw one atthe teack a couple weeks ago pulling off mid 13's all day at 104-105ish. I don't know what it had or anything, but thats impressive for a 4 cylinder on street tires in my books. BTW, my truck is a 1994 and is basically a stockish 150,000 mile truck with exhaust, chip, and pullies. I'd probably get shot at if I said the "L" word around here so i'll just say its a shortbed, regular cab truck with a 351 Windsor

Old 04-22-2004, 12:42 AM
JC
Professional

Welcome!!

Old 04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Vader
Champion

Welcome to DodgeForum, enjoy the site.

Old 04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
red91RT
Veteran

ORIGINAL: FordDriver

As far as dodge's go, I am here to learn. I can honestly say that the only thing that impresses me that dodge has out right now is the neon srt-4. Thats just going by what I have seen locally, maybe some of you dodge guys can enlighten me on some new good stuff

You're coming in at just the right time to learn. Watch for all the new hemi powered sedan platforms coming out ('cuz they'll eat most other cars alive too and wouldn't take much to click into 13's) and for the potentially other future SRT products (like the SRT-6 Crossfire--though not a "Dodge" per se it's in the family and you can't argue with 330 horsepower in a car that is just under 3100 lbs and scoring 96 / 97 MPH and 14.9's in the quarter with a 215 horse V-6)

Keep your eyes open. A new horsepower war has TRULY started about 2 years ago and it's not just the big three out there fighting. Nissan/Infiniti is going to be surprising a few people out on the streets too. Minivans will be in the scrap as well. If your Minivan is making under 200 horse now adays your already a sorry loser--275 and 300 hp in crossovers and mini's will be coming VERY soon. After years of developing FWD technology and getting about as far as you can get, many are figuring out that RWD is VERY marketable and usable. (Front Wheel drive cars handle well IN SPITE of being front wheel drive, not because they are FWD.)

See ya around.

Quick Reply: Noob!!