New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newest Mopar nerd

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 12:17 PM
Scaldeddog
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Newest Mopar nerd

Hey everyone, I have been working on a 91 Dakota project and my internet searches keep circling back to this site. Figured I may as well join and get specific answers to my specific questions instead of good answers to my not-quite-the-same questions.

Anyways... I've been a Mopar guy forever - had a big block, 4-speed Charger in high school, a 70 Dart shortly after that, a few Dusters, a really nice 68 2-door post Dart, and built a 68 2-door post Valiant (with a 508 stroker) that I sold last year. I currently have a 93 SWB RC Dakota that I bought in 95. Factory 5.2 that I've since swapped to a mild 5.9, and a 2006 SRT-8 300 that I bought for the drivetrain to go into the 93 Dakota. And my daily driven 06 Ram.

The 91 Dakota is my cousin's truck that's currently at my shop. Picked it up for a good deal. The motor was out because "it's been rebuilt but the rear main is leaking." We have since discovered the thrust bearing was sitting in the #1 journal, and about half of the bolts, some of the linkage, and other miscellaneous goodies missing. I'll leave the questions for the 1st gen Dakota forum.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,190 Likes on 2,943 Posts

Welcome to DF!

Check out the First Gen Dak section. Folks there will be happy to help you out.

The following users liked this post:
Scaldeddog (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 12:34 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome!

Quick Reply: Newest Mopar nerd